“Consistently exceptional”

LoRusso's Cucina
Ranked #213 of 2,995 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating at LoRusso's Cucina on a few occasions now and have always been pleased with the food, atmosphere and experience. The pasta dishes are truly inspiring and, in my experience, always arrive hot, made from fresh, tasteful ingredients. I also love the flat bread crisps, which they make in-house, that you can enjoy with your salad. They are wonderful with the olive oil and black pepper provided on the table.

I recommended LoRusso's to my wife, who had a small business meeting/dinner there with her associates last Winter. They flew in from various cities across the United States and raved about the delicious, authentic Italian fare. Her boss thanked her for suggesting what turned out to be a great meeting venue and said he plans to take his own family there to dine again.

There are always exceptions, however I enjoy LoRusso's Cucina very much and would recommend them to anyone coming to St. Louis who desires a well-crafted meal in St. Louis' famous Italian "Hill Neighborhood".

Michael Thede, St. Charles, MO

1  Thank Michael T
cucinaman, Owner at LoRusso's Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thanks for the glowing review, always great to hear these compliments considering all the hard work we put into guests experience. Many travelers will read this and confidence will bring them in. We will do our part and back up your words or praise. Happy Dining

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had to wait in spite of having a reservation, had to wait to order drinks... Pasta arrived lukewarm from the kitchen, and was cooked well past my preferred al dente. Service inattentive, and the gentleman who acted as if he owned the place seemed insulted that we weren't happy just to be in his wonderful space. I go out for a great dining experience, not this kind of attitude and bad food. Give this place a miss; I'm sorry I tried them after my previous sorry experience and will not return. Someone at the restaurant whined about my previous review because they didn't like it and it was taken down; I wonder if this one will remain?

5  Thank Bob D
cucinaman, Owner at LoRusso's Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thanks for the review. I apologize for the first review being taken down but it did not fit the criteria. This one has issues I can address. Since this reviewer has blocked my contacting him directly, my reply will be public. These reviews are very important to our business, just as is satisfying our guests when they state a problem during dinner. If a customer gets out of our door and hasn’t voiced concerns so we can rectify them while they are still dining, there is little we can do to avoid negative social media reviews once they leave. Please give any restaurant you patronize that opportunity, that chance to make things right. At least now I know that you had a previous negative dining experience, thus I will pay special attention to our pasta station and reservation seating times. I am not certain how long you waited for your table. Happy dining in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My in-laws love the hill resturants and we try to get there on their birthday. We liked LoRusso's website and their menu was varied and large. Their online reservations were very easy and we got a quick confirmation and reminder the day of the reservations. Greeted at door by hostess and I believe she is also the owner. The entire staff was friendly and attentive. Large selection of wine and beer, great appetizers and a lot of specials and desserts. There were a lot of seafood selections as well, which was nice as this was a Friday during Lent. Table was in a little private alcove with lots of room for our party of 7. Food was presented nicely and tasted as good as it looked. We really had a enjoyable evening. The waiter took my mother inlaws picture with a piece of birthday cake. Made her day!!!

Thanks for celebrating with us - the photo is for all to see on our web site - http://lorussos.mycapture.com/mycapture/index.asp - your review was much appreciated, thanks for taking the time. Happy Dining, the LoRusso family & staff

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Perfectly prepared Calamari and their specialty flash fried spinach. The waiters know when to help and when to stay out of the way. Perfect combination of food ambiance and costs.

Thanks for the kind words of confidence - we try to exceed expectations to please and now coming up on 28yrs of service. Happy Dining

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing and extensive Italian menu. Our entrée what was the toasted caprese raviolis, followed by a roasted beet salad with goat cheese. My mate had pasta and meatballs and I ordered the special of the evening which was yellowfin tuna accompanied by a Frank Coppola Zin. Our desert was a chocolate Carmel pecan pie creation. The service was impeccable. Fine table linens and quiet atmosphere. We are looking forward to our next visit to Saint Louis to dine there again.

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to write this review, many will see it and use it with confidence - we try to exceed expectations to please and now coming up on 28yrs of service. Happy Dining