“Authentic Brazilian food, excellent friendly service, neat decor.”
Review of Yemanja Brasil

Yemanja Brasil
Reserve with OpenTable
Yemanja Brasil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #357 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Benton Park
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The food is well worth the price. My husband is a "Foodie" and said this is the best Brazilian food he has had. Our waitress was very patient and even shared the recipe of the alcohol free drink we had with exotic fruits and soda so that we could duplicate it at home. She was very good, friendly and professional. This restaurant originated with family recipes and is run by a female from Brazil.
Their broiled French bread slices with parmesan, blue cheese and creamy onion topping was an excellent appetizer. "Torradinhas Leme".
My husband had the National dish "Jeijoada DeOgum" which had black beans with Brazilian dried beef, smoked sausage and pork ribs along with rice and collard greens. Delicious. I had their excellent chicken. Husband had the mixed seafood stew which was also unusually tasty. We ordered champagne cookies in amaretto liquer with chocolate, egg custard and whipped cream and sauce for the next day along with another dish that was relished.
There is no question that we would come back here again for a special occasion.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had a great time recently at Yemanja Brasil. We were a group of 11 and only a few of us had Brazilian food before. The appetizers are enough for 2 to share (not more) - very tasty! I personally enjoyed the National Dish - very different but had great flavor. Not everyone loved their dish but it's understandable as this is a different culture's food. As for the desserts - AWESOME - the portions were very large and well priced. It's not a cheap meal but definitely a great experience. Our waitress Libby was excellent! Highly recommend for a nice enjoyable evening as a group or even as a couple.

1  Thank Expat2005SA
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I recently ate here for the first time in many years. The service was excellent. Drink, excellent. Food , excellent. But the thing that stuck with me most is that afterwards I realized I have not felt that well cared for in a restaurant in a very long time. Attentive and pleasant service from start to finish. Very enjoyable. Decor is fun, food is good, but the service/atmosphere was exceptional. I only wish they had a lunch menu/hours

2  Thank JoyM
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The food was excellent, the atmosphere comfortable, with solid customer service, and clean throughout the restaurant. We had two empanadas for appetizers for the table, and both were excellent. The one with hearts of palm was exquisite. The Brazilian beer was fabulous. For the main course, I had the Espetinhos Gaucho (steak kabobs) was superb. It was by far the tenderest meat I've ever tasted anywhere.

You can eat indoors or outdoors, with a very uniquely decorated part of a house. It looks like TLC Trading Spaces has been there, but the owner did most of the work. I highly recommend this restaurant! If you are visiting St. Louis, this is a great restaurant in an neighborhood full of old charming atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Asked for vegan and food came with cheese. Waitress asked if that was okay! Remade entree. Excellent. Good food