“Good lunch”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Tower Grove
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I ate lunch here. I read some reviews saying the service was bad, but my waitress was very good. I had braised chicken and an egg roll. It was very yummy. Perfect size for lunch. I would recommend this place for a quick meal. They apparently have a happy hour between 4-6.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've eaten at Lemon Grass many times. I had another chance yesterday. The igredients are always fresh and well prepared. The restaurant sits at the corner of Grand and Juniata, in the "Grand South Grand" area. Parking is on the street and can be difficult; be sure to check your parking meter because they are watched. Service is effecient and friendly. You should be greeted when you enter. You will be directed to a table. There is a bar but I have never sat there. The menu is extensive with meat, seafood and vegetable dishes. There are appetizers, soups and desserts as well. I enjoy their iced Vietnamese coffee with sweetened condensed milk. It comes in a glass with a strainer atop. Let the coffee sift through and add you our ice from a bucket delivered on the side.
The spring rolls with peanut sauce are very good and something I order almost every time.
A basket of assorted sauces and condiments are on each table to add as desired.
The dining room has a couple televisions but the volumn is low enough to not interfere with table conversation.
I think Lemon Grass offers a good vale for the money. They do offer "to go" service.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We love trying new (for us) places in the international neighborhood of South Grand in St. Louis. We enjoyed vegetarian spring rolls, chicken w vegetables platter and chicken clear noodle soup.
Hot sake went down very well on a cold day and we shated a charbroiled banana dessert. Great late lunch spot.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

It's convenient to where we often work, and an easy in-and-out. But.

The Buts include consistently indifferent service, s lack of care about appearances (Is it necessary for a remodel-ready wall not to be finished for months in a place that otherwise seems clean and bright?) and quite stolid, if attractive, meals. Well, although the same items arrive quite different depending on who's working, it seems. But for the most part a one-size-fits-all repertoire of flavors and sauces, a sense of mediocrity in action prevails. Cold, rushed service starts with the almost-rude seating. Every time.

And, after sitting through the latest mediocre experience with a not-caring waiter who announced without provocation that if we wanted more (plain steamed) rice than the paltry scoop presented we'd have to pay for it, chicken and pork that tasted old or purchased frozen, and the weakest tea imaginable, we've decided to give Lemon Grass a pass and try some of the many other similar spots on South Grand.

You'd think these people would recognize they have competition.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I've come to this place for the past 5+ years and can detect the meat portions are getting smaller with each recent trip. Used to be cheap but when you consider you leave hungry, not a good deal.