“always great to find Greek food!”

Olympia Kebob House & Taverna
Ranked #230 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brookline, Massachusetts
“always great to find Greek food!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I may be traveling in the wrong places, but I love Greek food and don't find enough of it. This is a fine place and I'm happy to have eaten here.

Could it be more spectacular? Maybe. But the food was delicious, the staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was just fine! Thank you Olympia folks.

Visited March 2014

Iowa City, Iowa
“Very Good”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went there twice in 5 days which is rare for us but it was really good and convenient to our accommodation. I can surely recommend it for Greek food. On a nice evening you can sit outside which is a lot less noisy than the inside and enjoy your meal even more.
Parking is easy and free directly across the street.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The go-to greek restaurant of STL”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been here a few times. Mostly for drinks, but ate dinner tonight and really enjoyed it. Started off with Hummus and enjoyed that. I like that they don't put an extreme amount of lemon juice in it, like some places do. I ordered the Chicken Riganato. Basically two chicken breasts with oregano and lemon. There were three potato wedges with it seasoned the same way. The only thing was the chicken was a touch dry, but you soak up the lemon oregano goodness, it didn't matter. The service is fantastic and the owner is quite a character.

• Visited April 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Not bad but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I along with our two children ate dinner at the restaurant. The hostess tried to seat us at a table that was so cramped it would have been impossible to pull two of the chairs out much less sit in them. She was cheerful when we requested another table and immediately granted our request. Besim was our waiter. He was pleasant but his serving skills lacked. All food was served over our heads. There was plenty of room to move around the table and serve each guest. Besim repeatedly stood between my husband and I and served across the table. That placed his armpit in my face several times. He also stood behind my daughter and served a steaming plate of food over her head. She had to duck once to avoid a collision. He seemed oblivious. He also served her hot chocolate in a glass. The bus boy was kind enough to pour it into a cup for us since the glass made it impossible to hold due to the heat. We ordered Mousaka, greek salad, fried calamari, shrimp saganaki (sp). and baklava. The greek salad was was basically lettuce, three cherry tomatoes, three olives, one half slice of cucumber and feta cheese. The mousaka was swimming in grease. The calamari was no different than anything you get anywhere else that you can't get fresh seafood. The saganaki was fine though it didn't have a lot of flavor. The baklava was hard and tasted as if it had sat out all day, a bit stale. We have eaten here in the past and it was a lot better than this. Our bill was $64 and we left a $6 tip. Normally, we tip between 20% and 25% but the service was just that bad, The food was mediocre but doesn't affect the tip since it is beyond the waiter's control. They definitely need to train the wait staff or promote the bus boys since they have a better grasp of service. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“If you like Greek Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a busy little restaurant and bar that has world class Greek food. Everyone I have taken there or sent there is highly impressed. Wonderful Flaming Cheese, Greek Salads, Gyros and Baklava.

• Visited February 2014