“Very good beer, good food”
Review of Schlafly Tap Room

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We visited on a mid-week evening, and it was not crowded at all. The service was excellent, the food was good (mussels for me, steak pie for my friend), and the beer was very good: we sampled the hefeweizen, pale ale, American IPA on a hand pump, and stout. It's a 1.3 mile walk from the Old Courthouse (not bad in daylight but a bit seedy at night) and is worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for Schlafly Tap Room

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great atmosphere for those of us who love to visit taprooms or just for an afterwork drink. Typical taproom--urban revival setting with onsite brewing. We had the Cyser and Doppelbock--both highly recommended. The Cyser was unique and interesting (high percent of alcohol--beware!) no hops and somewhat reminiscent of an ice wine.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had dinner here twice, since it was in walking distance from our hotel .... and since the reviews we had read made it sound good. Both dinners we had were quite good. In two dinners, my husband and I tried different beers, and each of them was great -- so definitely stop here if you're a fan of craft brew, as they have a nice selection.

Dinner was good, with a variety of delicious things on the menu to try. The fish I had the first night was outstanding, as was the Cuban sandwich my husband had. Salads, however, need a lighter hand with the dressing --- the one I tried the second night was swimming in it. The standout, however, is the sticky toffee pudding. You may see this mentioned in other reviews here on TripAdvisor, and for good reason. It is a wonderful piece of cake, with a toffee sauce and a scoop of whipped cream. Sharing is recommended ---- although I wish I could have had a piece all to myself, I think I would have overloaded my system (but it would have been worth it).

So, my recommendation is: definitely have a beer and definitely save some room for this dessert.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I went here during the tournament and the place was packed. You could tell this was a place where the locals liked to hang out and have a drink or two. The beers I had were very good and my wife doesnt like a lot of craft beer but she enjoyed the two she had. The food was okay and I thought they gave out too many french fries which were okay. Both of our main courses were very good. I would recommend the place for somebody stopping in St. Louis.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a good place to experience local beers. The food is also good with lots of varieties. The fish and fries go well with beer.