“Still our Favorite in St louis”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Atlas Restaurant

Atlas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #427 of 2,881 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sarasota, Florida
“Still our Favorite in St louis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We visited Altas last Friday with some out of town friends and as always was delighted with the overall dining experience. Their creative menu changes each season and always provides a number of excellent choices for everyone's taste buds. I had one of my favorites, rigatoni prepared in a delicious tomatoe sauce with herb meatballs that include pork and veal.The portion was quite generous and larger than I remember. I also had their beet salad which I would highly recommend. The others in the group had lamb shank, the lamb chop, the salmon special and trout. My wife also had the beet salad and rigatoni entree and everyone was very happy with their meals. Atlas' servers are highly attentive and very knowledgable and the restaurant is very comfortable and not excessively noisy, allowing for easy conversations. Located just west of the Central West End, there is a parking lot right across from the restaurant so you're not fighting the parking battles common in the CWE. Atlas will continue to be our favorite restaurant in St Louis.

• Visited September 2013

“Always excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have eaten here a number of times and the food has always been excellent and fairly priced. Attentive, well-trained staff. An excellent experience.

• Visited September 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I live right around the block. So it's a short walk to Atlas. I particularly enjoy their lunch. My usual is the burger and potato salad. The potato salad and burger are excellent. We've also been to the restaurant several times for dinner. One thing I would have like to see is for the dinner menu to differ more often. Maybe do a seasonal menu.

Can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Local favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Atlas is a favorite of locals in St. Louis. Food and service both are good, free parking lot across the street. Mushroom soup was very nice and my wife loved the beet salad full of both yellow and red beats. Flounder was the special fish served in butter sauce with capers. Others enjoyed the trout which always is on the menu. Desert layered chocolate cake was very good. And the whole dinner for four with five glasses of wine was only $ 200.00. We too have been to Atlas for Sunday brunch which we loved as you order from a menu, not a huge buffet.

• Visited August 2013
“Really Ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Atlas is located in a residential area on a tree lined street. Its entrance is unassuming. Unfortunately, so is the kitchen. The decor of the space is sparse and not pretty enough to be minimalist. My beet and goat cheese salad was served promptly but soaked in salad dressing. Beets were pickled and tasted like they came from a can though we were assured they were fresh. Bread was forgettable. I had ahi tuna that was good though covered with too much lemon butter sauce. Side vegetables were the ordinary choices but done well. My wife's pork chop was tasteless and covered in gravy.
When our waitress inquired about our food as we were almost finished, I replied that it was "really ordinary." She laughed but no one came to follow up.
Don't waste a meal or your money on this place.

• Visited May 2013