“Not Good enough”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Marana, Arizona
“Not Good enough”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I went for dinner at this location when I was in St. Louis. We were staying by the airport and it was fairly close to the hotel. I like Greek food and thought I would try this place although the hotel did not know anything about it.
The food was substandard. I ordered a Greek salad and the Moussaka. The Moussaka was cold in the middle. I think it had been in the freezer and either microwaved or set in the oven. This kind of makes me think of left overs and I don't go out to eat to have leftovers. Shouldn't a restuarant make the meal fresh every day? My salad was o.k. but way too heavy on the dressing.
My spouse ordered steak, medium rare and it was no where near that, it was much too underdone for medium rare. I think a decent kitchen should be able to get close with a steak.
The decor in the restaurant is very old and out of style with fake wood paneling on all the walls, it looked poor. If the food is good I will forgive the decor but at this place they were both not worth paying for.
The wait staff were professional and friendly and that was the only good part.
Not good Greek food, not a good restaurant.

1 Thank l0stinspace

here-n-there
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We were looking for an authentic greek experience and this was not it. The food was alright but not what I expected from a greek family run restarant. We went to the Natural Bridge road location, the other might be different.

1 Thank BOB3602
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Spiro's is a good place...”
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Spiro's is a good place to eat. The owner has been in business for a number of years and has a few different locations. I feel like the Natural Bridge location is the best. Spiro himself cooks the food and will occasionally come out to chat with the customers. Plus they have the best stuffed mushrooms compared to the other Spiro's.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook