“Great hotel and a great price!”
Review of The Parkway Hotel

The Parkway Hotel
Ranked #29 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Super friendly staff and nice rooms in a great location. Metro stop righ behind the hotel. Shuttle van that takes you around town for free. Free breakfast buffet, fresh fruit and coffee available all day; fresh popped popcorn in the evenings! 24 hours shop in the lobby. My travel agent had only booked one night and I needed two and they set my up right there when I checked in. Very helpful and courteous staff! Can't beat the price either!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Parkway Hotel

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a badly run and overpriced place with flaky management - I dont recommend it unless you have family in one of the nearby hospitals. I asked two mornings in a row if they could get some tea bags put out on the table for those of us who dont drink coffee and they kept whinging on about having to order it. I offered to go to the corner store and buy it myself if they would reimburse, but nooooo....Finally they told me breakfast was free and I should just accept what they serve. Its the smalls things that make a hotel stay one you want to return to again and again - these people are hopeless amateurs. I was planning to book a group of 50 there but ran screaming from the place one day early.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here on 2 different occasions for events in the city. We were so impressed with our first stay, that we stayed for a 2nd time. We live in St. Louis and wouldn't normally get a hotel on a night out, but the hotel was so nice, we decided stay and cab it to where we were going so we could drink and not worry about driving. It's a very eclectic area of the city, right next door to Forest Park and Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and conveniently located to many places; most of the city is a very short cab ride or walking distance away. There is also a Metro Link station just a block away. The staff is friendly and very helpful and called our cab for us on the occasion we needed one. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The beds are comfy. The lobby is always stocked with fresh fruit, popcorn, tea, and coffee, which was great. The popcorn was great to munch on when I was starving while waiting to go to dinner. There is a full breakfast in the morning that includes biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal, and even chocolate milk. I do, however, hate to see the use of Styrofoam plates and plastic utensils; it seems wasteful and not environmentally friendly. Otherwise, we had no other complaints and will stay here again when attending events in the city. I felt I got good value for the $106 I paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had trouble finding the place and the hotel staff were very helpful. We were upgraded because of the trouble we had coming into St Louis because of the road works which wasn't their fault. The room was beautiful, comfortable, clean and just what we needed:-) the staff were helpful with directions and getting to places. The breakfast was lovely and it was good having Applebees attached where the staff were fabulous and the food reasonably priced. Would highly recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelli P
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a fine, mid-range hotel. The room (and bathroom) were large and clean with a few extras included - robes, snacks, and bottled water. Breakfast (eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast, pastries, cereal) was included, too (but the paper plates and plastic utensils seemed a bit tacky). Free shuttle service was a nice bonus, but I never used it because the hotel is so close to the MetroLink and city buses. Forest Park is just a block away, and Euclid Avenue is right across the street (several blocks of restaurants with outdoor seating).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chiandretired
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were in St. Louis for a few nights and stayed here for our first two. (They were booked solid for the weekend.) It was clean, comfortable (good bed!), in a great location. Breakfast was nice each morning. It was convenient to many good eating establishments (and a Vodka Bar serving more than 500 kinds of vodka). A short walk to Forest Park and an enjoyable day walking around the zoo. I can see why it is so busy - it's near the hospital, and there are many out of towners taking advantage of this lovely hotel. I was happy they had parking - and it was only 5 dollars per night per car.... Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BogiesMum
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I took my son to see the Rams beat the Cardinals and the Cardinals beat the Pirates, I know it sounds funny but think about it. It was a fabulous trip. If you are into sports you couldn't ask for a better place to stay. The Metrolink is right behind the hotel and you can be at either stadium in 15 minutes and The Scott Trade Center too..
Here ya go. We left Kansas City via the Amtrak Saturday am. We arrived on time in St Louis at about 2pm. Went directly across the walkway, through the train station and out the door to the Metrolink a 100 feet away. Got on the westbound train (either one) and were at the hotel within 15 minutes of arrival. Checked in flawlessly with some extremely nice and polite front desk personel. The hotel was clean and welcoming. We were able to get our room a little early and you can't beat that. The room was inviting and clean and had some complimentary snacks. The only thing I could say negative was the TV selection card was a wrinkled paper. Could have been laminated and smaller. No big deal though. Great view from the room and the window at the end of the hall looked at the Arch.
We settled in, got ready for the baseball game, and went for a walk across the street where there were some nice little places to eat. Oh, and there's an Applebee's in the hotel. We grabbed a bite and then walked right behind the hotel and took the Metrolink to Busch Stadium. Oh, and you go right by the Scott Trade Center where there's a stop. We got off right at the stadium and were in the stadium in 6 or 7 minutes. By the way, we got our tickets to both games on StubHub and it worked out great. Don't use the scalpers as they suck and it should be illegal. Great game and experience for my son. Then back to the train and to the hotel. I have to say that the hotel is a neat experience if you like talking to interesting people. The hotel is connected to Barnes Hospital and a lot of people stay there who have family being taken care of at the hospital. These people are so into talking that it was great. And you could see how well they were being treated by the employees. Real cool!
I can say the only thing missing is a pool but if that's not important, no biggy because everything else is well worth it. So that night we had Imo's pizza delivered and wow was that good. Woke up after a great night sleep (comfortable beds) and enjoyed a pretty good complimentary breakfast with a lot of other guest. They never ran out and they kept it clean. Then we took the Link to explore other parts of the city like Union Station where they stop and then the Arch. After that it was back on the Link to the Edward Jones Dome. We saw what was to be a great game with a 4th quarter come back. After the game we walked across to Laclede's landing where we saw the casino and went to eat at the Spaghetti Factory, yum! Then it was back on the train to the hotel.
Once again we were greeted by an extremely welcoming front desk staff who remembered our names and they asked how the day and game was. Doesn't get better than that. Then off to the room, watched a nice flat screen, had a good night sleep, woke up, went to breakfast, walked to the Link, got on the Amtrak and back to good old Kansas City on-time even. Yes, my son missed school Monday, but what a great boys trip that was made so much better by the convenience and hospitality of the Parkway Hotel. Great job and kudos to the staff!
So where ever you are from, if you want a good hotel, especially for a sports outing, stay at The Parkway. That was my 3rd trip like this, 6th stay at the hotel, and I will do it again. Flew in to the airport one of the times and guess what, the Link will take you straight to the hotel.
Later, enjoy The Parkway!

Room Tip: The top couple of floors to me are the best choice if WiFi is an issue for ya.Other than that they s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family