“Excellent for the price”
Review of The Parkway Hotel

The Parkway Hotel
Ranked #31 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If a person needs to be close to hospitals this is the hotel to stay. It is right across the street from hospitals and clinics. Also, there are many interesting restaurants within very easy walking distance. The room was quite large with two comfortable double beds. The room amenities included: free breakfast, microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, free WiFi, ironing board, tv, complimentary bottled water, and two terry bathrobes. Most upscale hotels do not have all these amenities so I applaud this hotel for making a guest feel comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were moved from our original choice due to construction at that motel. The Parkway is certainly professional and very nice. The rooms are large and the bedding is of highest qualty. Front desk staff is knowledgeable and polite. Overall a nice stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at The Parkway 3 nights in early June to visit a friend. The hotel & staff were wonderful! Amid several hospitals, they cater to patients & their families but they also catered to me.
They offer a daily hot breakfast but the St Louis Bread Co (Panera, for we tourists) across the street drew me in each morning. There's also free hot coffee & fruit all day then popcorn & cookies in the afternoon. Free Wi-Fi but, more importantly, a lobby PC with a printer (where I printed out my boarding pass).
I took advantage of their complementary shuttle (thank you Ed, my driver) to the Basilica Sunday morning then enjoyed the short walk back. Nice neighborhood. (The shuttle would have come back for me if I'd wanted.)
The hotel is a short walk to many restaurants, Forest Park & MetroLink. However, since I was traveling solo, I opted for a taxi back to the airport ($35-$40 with tip).
I had no need for a car since my friend would pick me up. Otherwise, I would have definitely wanted a rental car to visit the Arch & the Loop.

Room Tip: No pool but they have everything else! 8th floor hall window has a nice view of the Arch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Parkway Hotel as I came down for an event. The hotel was constantly busy, but my wait to check in was less than five minutes. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is located beside the hospital, but it is a short drive to the Arch. The hotel shuttle will take you to the City Museum, the Zoo, and other nearby activities. There were plenty of places to dine directly across the street from the hotel within walking distance. The free breakfast is nothing to brag about, but they do serve fresh fruit, which an apple was fine for me. They did have popcorn going in the lobby and bring cookies out in the evening, which my children enjoyed. The room was decent, bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. We were happy with our stay. There was no pool, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us, we still had a good time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This busy hotel is located just beside the huge Barnes-Jewish hospital campus and caters to patients and tourists. The hotel is amazingly efficient and well run with a front desk staff that know the business. There is an adjacent parking garage that does require stairs to enter the hotel and no elevator but the front entrance does accommodate several cars for loading and unloading luggage. If you're on the third floor you'll have covered access to the hospital facility. There is a better than average Applebee's on the ground floor but the west central area is alive with different restaurants and very walkable. The rooms are a bit tired and worn but our bed was very comfortable. I would suggest perhaps some better lighting the in bathrooms, full on fluorescence in your face is tough to take after a certain age, or first thing in the morning ;-)
Well run, clean and the location is great for everything in the west central area. I appreciated the friendly and helpful staff.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just checked out from this hotel, I have traveled foreign and domestic this being one of the worst service experience I have seen. If having business at Barnes Hospital (being my case) the location is perfect. However, the free breakfast is embarrassing (makes the dollar inn seem like private dining). Had a big issue with the customer service, my wife and I got locked out from the hospital crosswalk and called the front desk. Front desk adviser they would be there right away to let us in...10 minutes later we had to knock on the door so housekeeping would let us in. We then proceeding to the shop in the lobby to buy a soda, one front desk clerk looked at us seeing we were ready to check out and began walking away. We had to wave the soda at the other front desk clerk to get her to help us, unreal. The entire time we felt like we were inconveniencing them and they were not eager to help at all. For $160 a night, try some place they act like they're glad you're staying there

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Nicholas1097
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Room was large and comfortable. The a/c was central, so there was no loud window unit. I am a light sleeper, and I slept well there. Location was good. Parking garage was sort of odd as it was partly shared with a hospital and the spaces were incredibly narrow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo