“What's your Italian taste?”

J F Sanfilippo's Restaurant
Ranked #315 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Well.... In my opinion, Italian dining is a very subjective experience. As well, it's my opinion that most Italian restaurants are either bad, "over the top great" or just another Italian restaurant. I'll also add that when I go to an Italian restaurant I rarely choose red sauce and pasta dishes. I can do a really good job of that at home.

That being said, Sanfilippo's wasn't bad, but it wasn't over the top great either. The portion sizes were nice but the flavor was... just a little bland.

The dining room was very nice, the pricing was reasonable and the service was excellent. They just need to season that chicken and beef a little more.

1  Thank DonRoute66
There are newer reviews for J F Sanfilippo's Restaurant

Reviewed 3 September 2008

we thought this place was great. Good selection of wine by the glass. Excellent home made bread.I had ravioli and loved it. Would go back for sure!!!

1  Thank barbiflys
Reviewed 4 May 2008

I went to this restaurant with 5 of my girlfriends last night. It was in our hotel and seemed like a good idea at the time. But it was the biggest mistake we could have made. I ordered spaghetti that tasted like it came out of a can. One my girlfriends ordered salmon and it was completely raw and cold. She tried to send it back and was treated disrespectfully by the waiter and the owner. We have never been treated so badly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 December 2007

nice italian family food

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 July 2006

Ate at this restaurant this weeknd while in St Louis. Was within walking distance of downtown hotels. Food was freshly prepared and hot when arrived at the table. Good selection of food and wines. Great homemade sesame rolls. Didn't have dessert, but party of 4 each ordered a different pasta and shared it. Our favorite was the manicotti.