“merveilleux, wonderbaar”

Cross street: 18th & Park
Memphis, TN
“merveilleux, wonderbaar”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stopped in while visiting friends and we were very pleased... The menu was fantastically different. I had the Stoofvlees (beef stew over frites) while my wife had the Mussels A la Marinière (in a White wine shallot broth). WOW is all I can say.

The beer list is great as well - we really enjoyed sampling the Belgian abbey style ales.

• Visited September 2013

“wonderful”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been to Tripel twice now with consistent quality both times. My wife had the mussels the first time while I had the venison with a marchand de vin sauce. The next time we both had the antelope, my wife with the marchand de vin myself with the poivre . This displays one of the fun things about Tripel- the ability to try dishes with different sauces, each displaying different qualities of the dish.

The wine list is relatively modest, but works well with the dishes on the menu. The beer list is wonderful, with many great choices. Service was excellent both times.

“PLEASINGLY DIFFERENT”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

HAS A BELGIAN NATIVE I WAS PLEASE. BELGIAN ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR CULINARY ART. The menu was authentic. The beer list totally Belgian, great French wine list, congratulations to the management. and to the serving staff. A bread basket with assortment of bread and slices of Belgian waffle, a memorable beginning. I order as 1st course Frites with Mussels and Mayo, great but the frites should be served in a paper cone. For 2nd course My wife ordered the Choucroute and myself the Antilope, both very good. For 3th course a delightful Baba au Rum.I can forget to mention the unique table setting including china and cleaver water vessel. The owner stop by to chat, always a great touch. Being new I wish Tripel success!

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis
“Fabulous food and service”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Beer, mussels and excellent Belgian style stews! We had a very enjoyable experience at Tripel, a new restaurant in Lafayette Square. The staff were friendly and organized. Our food came out promptly and it was delicious. We will definitely return soon.

1 Thank mirtle2
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A taste of Belguim in St. louis”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Went to this restaurant in its second week of being open. It was running smooth and the wait staff were really friendly. Great choices on the menu and lots of belgian beer. Seval ways you can have your mussels from Brussels. We had tomato and basil and it was delightful. Even our vegatatian friend found something she liked. The place was ful but we could still chat. The owner, Jim Darst, stopped by to chat supper guy and he was interested in our comments. Will go back again, still several things I'd like to try. Enjoyed the ambiance as well.

2 Thank TonySt999