“River City mid December, 2013”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Birthday weekend at River City casino, STL, MO went well. Stayed in an upgraded suite with a separate bedroom and sitting room, and a lavish bath. Great view to the southwest, particularly at sunset. River City employees went out of their way to add to the very positive experience.

Room Tip: Use as much courtesy with the staff as they use with you on check in and throughout your stay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing River City Casino & Hotel for your birthday night out. It is always such a pleasure to have the opportunity to help make special occasions a great experience. Our team just loves celebrating with our guests!

Thank you again for staying with us and leaving such nice feedback. We all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

awesome rooms, staff was very helpfull and always asking if we needed anything. bed are very comfortable, climite control is very good. easy access to casino and other restrurants. the lobster rolls we had for lunch in bed were very good.

only thing is no in-room coffee maker

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Marcel S

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such great feedback. We are all so happy that your stay was comfortable and our wonderful restaurants exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us and leaving such great feedback. We all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

i wish we had locks on bathroom doors for much privacy, otherwise i just loved my stay there and I will highly recommend it to others. the staff was very friendly,being that it was a concert being held on the night of my visit

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such great feedback. Part of our expansion was adding our new spacious event center. This additional space allows us to host exciting entertainers as well as local galas and events. It is truly a great space and we are excited about our ongoing events.

Thank you again and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed the hotel and concert! We all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

but not much else! Room was actually great, very attractive. Temperature comfortable, bed nice with full-size pillows (not those cute little square things). Even had a picture frame around the wall-mounted TV. Crown molding all around. Bathroom mirror very well lit, something you don't see very often. The shower had a rain head on the ceiling. You have a nice view of towboats going up and down the river outside. The staff is friendly and treats you well. But you're reminded they only love you for your money when you see the 12 ounce bottled waters in the room for $2 each!!! Come on, when you pay this much for a room they could throw that in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed the overall comfort of the room and the wonderful overhead rain shower. Our guests have found our rooms very comfortable and appreciate the many details. I also wanted to let you know that based on guest feedback such as yours, our in room bottled water is now complimentary. We pride ourselves on truly listening to our guests and making changes when it is the right thing to do. This was one such case.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

SIncerely

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms description said there was floor to ceiling windows, and a coffee maker. This was not the case in our room. The service was wonderful. It was a nice stay. We did book the executive suite so it was a little bit of a let down. However, the concierge did call to make sure we were happy. Not sure if we were given the wrong room.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us some helpful feedback. Please accept my apologies that the accommodations didn't meet your expectations. As you mentioned, it appears there was indeed a room mix up. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us again in the room you expected to have had that night. Please feel free to contact me at ghardy@rivercity.com.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in your hotel back in November. It was late night and couldn't sleep. Casino was close. Your front desk agent Nicole was so polite and pleasant. She talk to me and made me feel so comfortable about my day had before me. See I was in town for some medical test. The great customer service I've received through out my stay is above any other. I will be coming back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such wonderful comments. While Nicole works our late night shift, she still loves to greet our guests and make sure they have the same warm, comfortable experience. Sometimes that little extra touch from a caring team member is what you need to have a great day.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I got this room for my cousin and I to see The Thunder From Down Under. I was IMPRESSED. The check in was very good from Quinn. I just had the one question about how long they hold money on my debit card and she answered it effortlessly. Then she smiled every time I walked by the desk.

The room was awesome! Beds were super comfy. Good size. But the showstopper had to be the bathroom. There was a TV in the mirror! AH! The toilet was in a separate room from the sink, which with two girls is nice. The shower had a rain shower head and a regular one. Lots of counter space. I like that they really went all out on the bathroom.

We ate at lewey's and then went to the very sexy show! Had so much fun.

The casino was also very nice. I won a little money. Bartenders were quick and made good drinks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family