“Luxury Hotel”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #19 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is truly a luxury get away. We came to celebrate my birthday and stayed in the hotel. Awesome room. The appointments in the room were amazing...especially the bathroom. Once you see it you will be amazed. We had one issue...the hot water. I woke up on Sunday morning to get in the shower and of course, no hot water. I expected a bit more for $200 a night. Every hotel has an issue from time to time and the front desk claimed they had never had the issue. The front desk staff was very helpful, keeping us updated and offering an extension of our check out time to try and fix the issue. In addition, they did offer a $30 room credit to compensate for the inconvenience. We appreciated the gesture. We would stay here again, just slightly disappointed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoutgrs
Jesstine J, Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed the room accommodations, and I am extremely sorry you were unable to enjoy the luxurious overhead rainshower. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future and I personally promise you a wonderfully hot shower!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Only an overnighter trip. Arrived late at night. Felt like we were at a Las Vegas hotel when the cab dropped us off. The design and decor is over the top! Checking in with Holly was a delightful experience, she was more than friendly. Our room was great, comfortable king bed, very spacious and the bathroom was really different. The oversized shower was great but the shower head was even better. The TV in the mirror was the coolest I had ever seen, I want one at home now. Extremely clean and comfortable. Security measures are in place ---you have to have a room key to get anywhere on the elevators. Visited the casino and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere immensely...winning a few bucks helped too! Got a players card and the staff was more than helpful in explaining the benefits. Songhai ( maybe I have the name incorrect and I am sorry if I do) he was so interested in helping us and went out of his way to make sure that we got to use our free buffets that we received. He made a phone call to the night supervisor and in the morning they were waiting for us at the front desk. We saw Justine and bingo....We got breakfast without any problems, they were more than glad to accommodate us in every way possible. Breakfast was awesome, food was more than tasty at Louie Nines (sp?). Experience here was wonderful and wished we could have stayed longer!!!! If we lived closer we would visit more often but really hope to make it back again someday soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy your stay with us, from the decor to the service, exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

One of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Clean and very beautifully decorated.

Christian and Holly Love those 2. Friendly, accomodating and makes me want to come back to this hotel for anoher stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor, and specifically mentioning Holly and Christian's attentive service. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel was amazing and HUGE. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were so soft you just sank in to a cloud. Next time I am in St Louis I will definitely try to get a room here again. No pool but they said it was in the planning stage, and I didnt use any other facilities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at River City Casino and Hotel! I describe our beds and pillows as clouds as well, and we do sell our amazingly soft pillows at Hotel Registration. We look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in St Louis.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

All I can say is WOW!!! The room was the directors suite. It was beautiful. The view was spectacular. The service was even better. We were also entertained at 1904 Steak House with wonderful music and a great dinner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting some fun and romance.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Kinzey E. M

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us, I am so glad we were able to make it an enjoyable and memorable experience for you both. We hope to see you for next year's anniversary!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel recently, it was a very nice room. Awesome bed and pillows. Loved the bathroom, it had a TV in the mirror and a rain shower head. Jerry our porter was really nice and helpful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at River City Casino and Hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed the accommodations and service you received while here, and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is so pretty on the inside. I guess I didn't read the room description close enough becaues I was disappointed with not having a bathtub but the rain shower was nice. It was however a headache to get to one side of the property to the other. You have to go throughout the casino so ever time we got carded. We were late to a dinner reservation becaues it took 15 minutes to get from our room to the resturants. Over a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at River City Casino and Hotel, your feedback is invaluable to us. We pride ourselves on having a beautiful facility and offering extraordinary service and I am so sorry your stay did not exceed your expectations, especially during such an important weekend! I will personally review all website information to ensure our guests know what amenities we offer prior to booking their reservation with us. Thank you again for offering your feedback and we hope to have you as our guest at River City Casino and Hotel soon.