“Lovely Outside Dining”

Bar Italia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Italia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 2,908 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central West End
Cross street: Euclid
Transit: Close to the metro link Central west end station. Bus stop near by.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Lovely Outside Dining”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This makes you feel like you are in another place. The quiet street in Central West End has mostly pedestrains. The food was superb. I had a pork chop that was exceptional. Not dry, but juicy, with a puree of sweet potato and sauteed brussle sprouts. I don't like sprouts, but I ate them all. My daughter had the trout - a little bland. Could've used a mild sauce, but was cooked perfectly, and was exactly as described in menu and by server. Service was very nice, prompt, and attentive.

Visited October 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“alway excelletn”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Whenever I get to SL it is generally for the wonderful SL Symphony. I also have dinner before at Bar Italia. They never disappoint! Food is amazing as it was 28 September 2013: great fennel salad, and ak to-die-for scallops and pasta. Honet food prepared with love can never be exceeded. A delight.

New York City, New York
“Lovely outdoor seating”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The thing I most enjoyed about this restaurant was the atmosphere, with a wonderful spacious outdoor patio, cheerfully decorated with strung lights and tables full of happily chatting patrons. It was crowded enough to make you feel you were somewhere well liked, without feeling cramped or too noisy. The food was very nice italian food, tasty but not out of this world. The menu had a nice selection and the service was excellent, both friendly and attentive. The only negative that comes to mind is that despite the cheerful lighting, it was a little too dark to see the menus and we all had to use our phone flashlights to get a better look. It's well located on a popular street in the Central West End, so it's nice to stroll after dinner and there's an ice cream spot nearby if you're not ready for dessert at dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Waynesville, Missouri
“Amazing an worth a visit!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

This was the second time we visited Bar Italia. The first time we arrived late in STL and were looking for a place to grab a bite. We were lured in by the curb appeal and were pleasantly surprised. This past weekend we going to dine with a group of friends and I told them I would make a reservation... My wife suggested Bar Italia. I did and everyone in our group was blown away. One owns a bar and one used to own a resturant, so I think they look with a different eye. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank rangermp25
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“good food, bad service”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Visited with four friends for a late lunch. The restaurant was far from full, but the service was very poor. Our waitress clearly couldn't care less. The other employees were competent and helpful. Food was good.