“Fit for foodies” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Benton Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fit for foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to me by another foodie. And it was right on the mark. I was there on business and had a group of coworkers dining with me. We started off w the lobster turnover, hamachi crudo, veal dumplings and sweetbreads. Portions were perfect with the sauces with great presentation. The entree I chose was the peppered steak medium rare over a flavorful starch and creamy spinach. Each bite was delicious. The pepper made the meat a lil spicy but not overwhelmingly so. To finish the meal I had a chocolate cake with ice cream. Yum!

This place had a wide selection of food choices that I feel one could never go wrong if they are adventurous. This place is a must eat establishment if you come to St. Louis and want to go to great place w great customer service with an ideal ambience. Tip. Make reservations to ensure you get a seat.

Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic Restaurant for a Special Occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I recently went to a friend's birthday dinner at Sydney Street Cafe. The prices are high, but the food and service is outstanding. We had excellent fois gras for an appetizer. I went with the waiter's suggestion of steak wasabi for my dinner, and I was very pleased. The steak was perfect, and the puréed spinach was fantastic. The ambiance is nice, although our table next to the exit was by no means the best seat in the house. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Belleville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our experience was not very pleasant. The food was disappointing and no where near worth the price. The shrimp bisque was inedible. I've never experienced a bisque with a watery brown consistency and the most awful flavor. We found a hair in our entree. The servers were the only highlight of this experience. Would not recommend or go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sarah B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Redemption!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After a disappointing visit in Dec of 2011, I posted my review. Unexpectedly, the owner/chef, sent me a private message requesting that I contact him. I did, and he took the time to listen, ask questions and vowed to "make it right" with us. Last night, we gave them another try. Great decision! Service was impeccable and the food was as I had remembered it years ago. Kevin even came out to talk with us and thank us for coming back in. In my eyes, Sidney Street has redeemed itself. Thank you for a great evening!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Guestdiner
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

There were four of us for dinner last Saturday night. We shared four appetizers that were the highlight of the meal. Two vegetarians at the table ordered the mushroom dish that came out cold while the steak wasabi was reported to be very good - and hot. The mushroom dish was tasty but skimpy for the price and cold, as previously stated. The server did not check back with us on our entrees. My husband and I went to Sidney Street a couple of years ago for New Years and didn't expect to have a great meal because of the holiday. We were pleasantly surprised. This recent experience was a real disappointment and we agreed we'd not be going back any time soon.

• Visited November 2013