“Nice and Romantic Dinner”
Review of Dominic's

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: The Hill
Cross street: Hereford
Description: Dominic and Jackie Galati purchased Dominic's on the Hill in 1971 and moved in above the restaurant. Within two years, Dominic began winning national awards and has continued to do so for the last 40 years. This is an exceptional restaurant with fine Italian cuisine, professional, friendly service, & an extensive wine list. Dominic oversees the kitchen,and the menu includes fresh seafood, veal, tenderloin, lamb, and many other choices. The restaurant has a Florentine atmosphere, with low lighting, white tablecloths, & classic oil paintings. Dominic's has been honored by DIRONA, 2001 Restaurant Hall of Fame, 1999 International Award of Excellence, The Epicurean Award & was voted one of the two best Italian Restaurants in the country by Conde Nast Traveller. The second floor of the restaurant is available for private parties of 15-65. Please call for details. Smaller parties up to 18 people can be accommodated downstairs as well as larger parties up to 150.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My boyfriend and I were in St Louis for the weekend and wanted to do something special for dinner Saturday night. We knew we had to go to the hill for some traditional Italian food and were not disappointed by Dominic's! Our server was fantastic and the food was delectable!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We found this place because her parents took us here. The food is impeccable with unbeatable ambiance. I don't think there is a bad item on the menu but to of our favorites are the tenderloin carpaccio and the linguini with fresh clams. They also have a wine list that is aimed to please anyone. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We held our son's rehearsal dinner at Dominic and it was a wonderful place for this event! We were in the large private room upstairs and we were very comfortable with 60 people in attendance. We had our own bar, our own restrooms and plenty of space to spread out, it felt like we were in someones home not in a restaurant.The owner Dominic and his staff made the celebration so very special for our son and his then fiance, now wife. The food was great, the staff superb, the private room couldn't have been more beautiful and the love song Dominic sang was the perfect ending for a perfect night. A big thank you to Joe who accommodated us while we decorated and supervised the evening. Hope to dine at this restaurant whenever we are back in St. Louis.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I were introduced to this restaurant by a good friend 31 years ago to celebrate the purchase of our first home. Since that time, we have celebrated many special occasions and many occasions that became special just because we were at Dominic's! There are those would say the decor is "dated" but for us, it is as it should be, a bit glamorous, a bit sixties and in no way imposing. The menu is Northern Italian...... elegant and not overwhelming. The service has always been impeccable and I am thinking that we have never dined when Dominic himself has not been in attendance. Everything from the table decor, the attentive but not overly so service, the perfect sized portions and interesting and elegant menu keeps us coming back again and again. We have dined at many fine restaurants in St. Louis but Dominic's keeps calling us. And we enjoy answering the call!

2  Thank ladydrake
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The service was great; our water glasses and iced tea glasses never went empty for very long. My husband ordered a Diet Coke and when it was brought to our table it was expired March 2013. After he sent it back and asked for a new Diet Coke, the server seemed put out and brought him a new one, but that one was expired Feb. 2013. The server tried to say that they just delivered those bottles last week (yeah, probably not). For $3.50...the Diet Coke shouldn't be expired and the patrons shouldn't be expected to drink it.
The food was just okay. I am Italian and my family eats a lot of pasta and Italian dishes...these were just okay and not very flavorful. My husband's Chicken Romano was what he called, "straight from the freezer section." My veal was okay, but nothing I would write home about, as my 3 tiny pieces were $29.00 without any pasta side or salad. I did get the Dominic's Salad ($7 for what seemed like a bag lettuce mix with a house dressing) and it was just okay. The dinning room was clean and the atmosphere was dark. The service was the only highlight of the evening. What I did think was odd...there were a couple female statues that sit in front of the building. One of the women had painted "parts" - for a "classy" restaurant, I would think the owner or building manager would have seen that this was cleaned up before patrons could gaze upon the colored lady parts.