“Very nice..... ”
Review of Tony's

Reserve with OpenTable
Tony's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,004 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, has featured award-winning food, service, and ambiance for more than 40 years. Recognized year after year with the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes (formerly Mobil) Four-Star Award, among others, executive chef Vincent P. Bommarito creates a signature menu. From lobster albanello to a veal loin chop with truffle sauce, from filet mignon of swordfish to a luxurious tasting menu, all dishes are finished tableside. Tony's complements each meal with a medal-winning wine collection and decadent house-made desserts. Servers, many with Tony's for decades, anticipate guests' needs to create an extraordinary dining experience. Every guest is treated to the gracious hospitality one would receive walking into the Bommarito family's home. Generations of families celebrate special events at Tony's; business and leisure travelers make sure to include dinner at Tony's in their visit.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Tony's restaurant was nice but a bit pricey. Unfortunately if you go to a restaurant alone the wait for the food seems longer than it probably is. The food was GREAT and they paid attention to small details. The owner Vince was making the rounds talking to every guest. Overall fantastic food, atmosphere and service. Just a bit slower than what I wanted.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The food and the service was absolutely fantastic. We were a little surprised though, to be quickly escorted out of one restaurant and brought into another. So I'm not sure if we were at Tonys or Anthonys. We were told, after seeing an empty restaurant that there was a long wait and we should go to their other restaurant that offers "the same food, but not as elegant". It was a very strange experience, but in the end the food was delicious.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love Tony's it is still my favorite restaurant in St. Louis. Every time I have dinner there I never understand why I seem to save it for something special. My swordfish melted in my mouth the service is superb in everything they do. I was there with a party of 7 celebrating my sons 18th birthday. My sons have been to Tony's a few times before and they even noticed the new decor, they liked that it was more open and not as dark with the decorations as before. They even noticed the new art work!
I do not believe Tony's is anymore expensive than any other nice restaurant in the St. Louis area so that is why I don't understand why we save it for special occasions only.
We will be back sooner than later.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife requested that we go to Tony's for our anniversary dinner. We had not been to Tony's in many years. Much of the experience was very positive. Our bibb lettuce salad, veal entrees, and desserts were excellent. This is a very comfortable, spacious, and quiet environment. Service is not rushed.
Negatives were: disappointing spinach side dishes and cocktails that were not at a high level of quality. Service was not as attentive as we recollect, although all staff are friendly and personable. Most diners adhere to the past "requirement" that this is a place where the men wear a jacket. It was disappointing to see this was not always the case ( it is fun to get dressed up once in a while and go to a special place as this restaurant is).

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Dinner was great and service was better. Not quite a five star as they miss little details but very close. Nice Anniversary dinner!

1  Thank Mrsmmz