“Decent place to eat”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Decent place to eat”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were staying up the street so we came down to the Landing for some food and a nite of fun. The atmosphere is good at the Brewery and a there beers that they brew arent too bad. I recommend the doppelbock personally. Our server was excellent however the table we were placed at made for alot of hustle and bustle amongst staff. The door to the patio was right behind us and there were constantly people in and out almost bumping into us each time. I understand its wonderful to have business but perhaps moving that table a bit eases the experience for the next people seated there. Overall the food wasnt bad I would say your typical bar menu with a few specialty items. I went with the meatloaf and was given a large portion with gravy and potatoes. Pretty good for the price and my lady went with shrimp pasta which she said was excellent. We will stop in for some drinks for sure next time in town we will most likely sample another place as unless the food is beyond extraordinary then we like to visit many places.

• Visited April 2014

Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Food was good, service was good. Not necessarily a place for a family. While they supply highchairs, crayons, balloons to draw in families, they don't even have changing tables in the bathrooms. The only bathroom on the first floor of the restaurant is only a single unisex bathroom. The server whom I asked for directions to the restroom while holding my small child directed me to THAT bathroom which was obviously not going to work as there wasn't even counter space. I eventually found another bathroom on the second floor which had multiple stalls, and while there was still no changing table, at least there was ample clean counterspace around the sinks to be able to change my little one.

Visited April 2014
Kearney
“Needed a new place to eat.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Walked to the Arch and decided to walk to Laclede's landing and find a place to eat. A bit disappointed with the food but the group I was with enjoyed there meal. The wait staff was very helpful and goo.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Meh”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stopped in here for a quick lunch. The Honey Wheat beer was clear (not how a wheat beer should be) and so-so in flavor. I'm not sure the crab cake was more than crab-flavored bread crumbs. Atmosphere and service were okay.

• Visited April 2014
Olney, Illinois, United States
“Service Could Stand to Be Improved”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have made annual trips to St. Louis and dinner at Morgan Street Brewery. After several years of putting up with the same short comings I still question myself why we go back. We typically go to Morgan Street Brewery on Saturday evening and of course they are busy. Understandable. The part that is not understandable is why they do not seat customers when there are empty tables! For approximately 45 minutes at least 2 tables (which we could see) were empty. Lots of help wandering around and talking to each other, but not much work getting done. Our waitress was great, but the "boys" at the front desk were not too worry about anything! Unfortunately, they don't take reservations. I must say the food is good. The beef medallions with mushrooms is out of this world. That is the only reason I put up with their poor service.

• Visited March 2014