“Great Location, However.....”

Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch
Ranked #21 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spouse and I stayed here for a couple of nights to go to a ballgame and to go to Forest Park. The former bank building has a beautiful lobby and the front desk staff was very nice, I especially liked the safe doors that lead to the mini mart. Cold, infused water was available in the lobby throughout the afternoon. That's the good of the hotel.

Our room, while okay, was not what I would call the Hilton standard. It was a large room, but it was dark. Our room faced an alley that allowed no natural light into it. The florescent lighting in the room did nothing to shake away the gloom. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable. I actually ended up sleeping on the chaise lounge that was in our room the second night of our stay, Also, a table in the room featured a broken leg and it was just propped up against a wall. The room had no alarm clock, which I thought odd. I mentioned it at the desk the next day and one was offered, though. We were located across from a service elevator that was apparently used throughout the night. At one point, on the first night, our bed vibrated off and on for about 10 minutes, waking me from sleep. I never did figure out what was going on there.

My biggest gripe is with housekeeping. On the day we were checking out, but had not done so yet, housekeeping tried to enter our room at 8am. She knocked and then immediately tried the door. Fortunately, we had the latch on. Why would housekeeping try to come into a room that early, especially when we had not yet checked out?

That being said, the location is ideal for going to a game. It is only about 5 blocks from the ball field and is an easy walk. Also a Metrolink station is four blocks away, thus making getting to Forest Park or other destinations easy.

Starbucks coffee is a available at the bar in the morning for Starbucks prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Kim K, Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology the room was not in excellent condition. I shall follow up with housekeeping to ensure proper room checks are in place so we may be at the top of our game.
Our building was constructed in the late 1800's and with the new modern building around us some of our room views are obstructed. We will be happy to select another room facing 4th Street to allow more nature light as important aspect of your stay.
If I may be of personal assistance to you please feel free to contact me direct at mark.sugars@hilton.com.
Thank you for your business and we hope to be of service again in the future. Safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Friendly staff, nice bar – terrible restaurant, and substandard housekeeping. If you stay here, don’t use the in-room coffee maker, and it is advisable that you eat at the Hotel across the street. The Hilton brand has definitely taken a nose dive – the value received at this hotel is very poor. Premium prices, with Holiday Inn quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Caoimhin C, Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed we did not deliver service to your expectations. We want all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and with you we missed the mark. Please accept my sincere apology you encountered some issues while staying with us. I truly appreciate you letting us know so we may correct the problems mentioned so we may better serve you in the future. Please feel free to contact me direct at mark.sugars@hilton.com if I may be of additional serve to you with hopes to regain your confidence in our hospitality.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was not only classic in design, with clean rooms and comfortable rooms, but the staff was over the top. They assisted me in finding places to visit, eat, and getting me transportation. This was one of the best business stays ever.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lueen J, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We cannot say thank you enough for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return to St. Louis.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We flew into town to catch a Cardinals game, and chose to stay at the Hilton by the Arch (not the one closest to the Stadium). The walk to the park was easy, and it was very convenient to other locations. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms nice.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevators, which can be loud, especially if you turn in before midnight.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear sreptile, Thank you for your homerun review! We are happy to be of service to you and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis. Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The price of this hotel scared me, but with such a friendly & understanding staff, it made my hotel stay completely worth the price! We did a lot of walking because everything was within walking distance, which was the main reason I booked this hotel. The parking garage was secured so we had no issues with break-ins or anything being stolen. I would def recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Nyla B, Thank you for your Five Star Review! We were delighted to have you as our guest and enjoy our newly renovated boutique hotel. The entire staff has smiles on their faces knowing you had a great stay. Please call upon us again the next time you visit St. Louis.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff were excellent in this uniquely set Hilton. The lobby is an old bank from the 1800s. You can still access the vaults - its the snack shop. Parking is not available but self parking is very cose by. Close walk to ballpark and other areas of interest. I'd stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brad M, Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback.
Our boutique hotel is perfect for the business traveler or a couples retreat and we hope to see you again soon so you may enjoy St. Louis!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I stayed there last Saturday so we could watch the Cardinals play. We're not from Saint Louis but we heard many great things about this Hilton. The room was great, very clean and I loved the new design. My only problem was that during breakfast, the African American hostess said out loud "Oh my god, I don't have time for this" and stormed off while looking at all the people waiting for breakfast. Like oh I'm sorry that we all decided to get some breakfast?! She was very rude. I was surprised that there was a wait too. But the Asian hostess apologized and told us that it was only a 10-15 minute wait. She knew we were upset but she kept us in conversation and she was the sweetest little thing! She made the wait seem a lot shorter. And helped us plan for the day since we were not from here. The service was okay, but I don't think we'll be eating breakfast there again. We felt like a burden. That hostess was just ridiculously rude to everyone waiting!

• Stayed: July 2014
Mark S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear ErinA1203, Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the behavior of one of our team members. We want all our guests to feel welcome and cared for and we missed the mark with you. I will follow up with our hostess and isolate what went wrong that morning so we may best serve you in the future.
If you wish to share more details about your experience I am available at mark.sugars@hilton.com or 314.554.7078.
Thank you for your business and we hope to regain your confidence in our hospitality. Safe travels to you and yours.