“Fun place to visit, but probably better with kids”
Review of Grant's Farm

Grant's Farm
Ranked #10 of 275 things to do in Saint Louis
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our visit to Grant's Farm, but weren't sure it was worth the long wait to get in for just the two of us. I'd wanted to visit since it's been nearly 15 years since I had visited. I enjoyed seeing the Clydesdales again and loved the tram ride through. It was also nice to see the animals up close since you could see better than at the St. Louis Zoo sometimes. Admission is free but it costs $12 to park and 7$/ half hour you'd like to spend in their swan paddleboats.

1  Thank Cassie W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)
All reviews
in 77 reviews
"exotic animals"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Spent about two hours with the family which includes myself, my husband and two daughter who are 12 and 7, one uses a wheelchair. The attractions were accessible overall and we had a good time. The farm is free to just look and you can get samples of Anheiser-Busch beer for free as well. We got the attractions pass which was five dollars for each kid and included a snow cone, a ride on the carousel, bottles of milk to feed goats and a couple of other things I can't remember off the top of my head. We really enjoyed the beautiful surrounding in the green, lush woods. The girls got to ride camels and the operator even waived the fee for my youngest daughter. Definitely a fun activity if you are in the St. Louis area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

After visiting Grant's Historic Site across the street, we went to Grant's Farm. We had clipped a $5.00 off coupon, so parking was only $7.00. A free tram ride took us through part of the park where we saw deer, buffalo, cattle and many other animals. We got off the tram and walked around seeing exotic birds, goats and more. They have nice area to get refreshments and you are able to see many of their horses and carriages. Next time we come we'll bring the grand children, they would love it!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

About 10 miles outside of the city, but worth the trip. Admission is free, but parking is $12 per car (coupon available online to save $5 on parking). Beautiful grounds and many animals to see. Don't miss the elephant show or a visit with the Budweiser Clydesdales. 2 free beers also available per adult, so that is worth the price of parking right there.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We went to Grant's Farm with no kids in tow and had a wonderful time!
I was pleasantly surprised to find no admission fee, just the $12 for parking... great idea for families with lots of kiddies. We did partake in the paddle boats. Was a little to hot for the boyfriend, but I loved it. The tram ride is interesting with the variety of animals freely walking around. We had a great time slowly making our way through the animal park when we found the 1st sample stand, Strawberitas (YUM). The food court area had a nice selection of options and a great deal of seating. This is where we found the 2nd sample stand, choice of 4 beers on tab.

Outside of the food court area, we found a shaded bench, sat back had a few beverages and took part in some fantastic people watching.

Great time had by all!

PS... Want to mention the fantastic employees from beginning to end. Such a fun and pleasant group of people!