“This venue is”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“This venue is”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Excellent, you do not have to buy the most expensive tickets since the sound is fabulous in all areas. They have a variety of music from the orchestra to rock n roll classics and more.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sandra G

Iowa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Stunning!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We are big Ben Folds fans and traveled five hours to St. Louis to take in his show with the St. Louis Symphony.

Powell Hall's interior is stunning and meticulously maintained. The acoustics are just beautiful, especially when Ben conducts his sing alongs. We had 7th row center seats, including one on the aisle and felt like we had ample leg room and felt close to the action.

And how cool is this? When my allergies started bugging me, I responded to the pre-show ad encouragement to check in with an usher for Luden's and got my very own box. I was able to stay much quieter as a result for me and for my neighbors.

Restroom lines are quite long at intermission and there isn't quite the local beer list I was hoping for as two slight negatives. With that said, the show including the symphony were all in a league of their own. It was perfect music therapy for the evening, with Powell Symphony Hall as a wonderful backdrop for a truly memorable evening.

Visited April 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Simply Sinatra, was fantastic!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just a short note on how great the show was today, "Simply Sinatra"! A wonderful show that was relaxing and so enjoyable. The singer was so "Modest" and yet so special. I am not a great "Sinatra" fan, but his selections of Sinatra songs was most "Touching".

The song "My Way" and so many others was so special. The huge crowd enjoyed the show as well!

Keep these shows coming, and The Powell Hall, will thrive!

Visited March 2014
Columbia, Illinois
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Incredible location”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

What is even cooler than the fact that it is a hall for music, is that they do a special kids' show where they specialize on a composer from the past and play snippets of his music and aim at a lecture for the kids.

Visited October 2013
Tulsa, OK
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Casablance-Valentine's Day weekend”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We went to the symphony for the showing of Casablanca on Valentine's Day weekend. The symphony played along with the movie. It was a great experience. I had never seen the movie, so it gave me an excuse to watch a classic which I would probably not have done on my own. The symphony played quietly enough to hear the lines to the movie. The drinks and snacks sold at intermission were out of the ordinary for this type of show. They had made a theme drink called Play it Again, Sam, and I got chocolate bark to snack on. Overall, a very unique way to see a classic.

Visited February 2014