“Unique Menu - but awesome”
Review of Cucina Pazzo - CLOSED

Cucina Pazzo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great atmosphere in the central west end. The menu offered a unique selection of foods and food combos that work very well. We tried the Artichoke with the crab on top. Unbelievably good. It also has a nice little salad with it too.

W then split their surf and turf trio which is 3 smaller dished each with their own uniqueness i.e. medallion of tenderloin with a shrimp on top; Lobster risoto with a fried egg on top, etc.

I wanted to try the "Half Cooked" chocolate chip cookie for desert, but it was goign to take 20 minutes.

It is not cheap. Total of 4 drinks and the appei and dinner it came to $100 (incl. tip).

Give it a try.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'd been wanting to try Cucina Pazzo since reading about their delicious pancakes in Sauce magazine. As someone who could eat pancakes for all meals and never be sick of them, these pancakes were unforgettable. I paired them with the crispy maple sausage links. Extraordinary. I always say that a good restaurant will leave you thinking about the food long after you've eaten there. This couldn't be more true. I've already built their Sunday brunch into my weekend.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a Sunday brunch here for Father's Day. This restaurant is located in the Central West End (the CWE and the Delmar Loop are the best neighborhoods in St Louis for walking, working up an appetite, and then eating!).There were 6 of us in attendance, and we all ordered something different (lemon ricotta blueberry pancakes, egg white omelet, scrambled eggs with asiago cheese grits, pancakes with scrambled egg, steak benedict, and the French toast). Everyone enjoyed the food! Service was very good and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Prices were ok, not cheap but a decent value. We will definitely come back!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our server, Josh, was exceptionally alert, gracious, and knowledgeable. The manager, Joshua, was also attentive and very pleased with our second wine selection, bringing it out himself to watch our response. I'm sure our response pleased him as well. We hope to return, having had a hard time choosing selections from a nicely varied menu. We enjoyed everything, but the highlights included the caprese salad, the pig pasta (a surprising Asian preparation over perfect house-made pasta, which we shared as a app), and the short ribs over bleu cheese enhanced polenta.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Saturday 6/7/14. Stopped by to try after seeing a review in Sauce magazine.

Two rooms divided by a masonary wall... first room has some high chair tables and nice long bar, back room has more of a traditional seating area. Both rooms have very high, tin ceilings. Back room was a bit noisy for our tastes so we opted for sitting in the front bar area that had no one else there. Either room is not one that I'd like if the place was full.

Brunch menu is not real extensive. Wife was disappointed in the "lunch" offerings. I was more than happy because I prefer the "breakfast" side of a brunch menu.

Wife had their adult French toast which was made with a French baguette bread and topped with pecan nuts. I had their pazzo omelette (mushroom, onions, peppers & cheese) and a bloody mary --- I thought my omelette was delicious but I was underwhelmed by the potatoes that came with it.

I thought the food was pretty good, my wife came away not very impressed --- but I think some of that had to do with the menu not offering more lunch style options that shewas in the mood for. (I don't believe either one of us went on line before the visit to view the brunch menu which we probably should have done)

Our server, Audra, was great. One item we did notice is that it seemed like they had a ton more wait staff than they needed and there was quite a few folks that spent most of their time lounging around the back end of the bar area.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to go back for dinner just because I think it would be a bit noisy for our taste and there are way too many other places still to try.

If you're in the area, the weather's cooperating and you want a trendy feel ... this would be a nice spot to come and have a lunch sitting outside.