“Beat the heat - great air conditioning”
Review of The Tivoli Theater

The Tivoli Theater
St Louis, MO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beat the heat - great air conditioning”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Small theatre with hard to find movies- clean, great screen and airconditioning. Large selection of snacks, staff helpful.

Visited September 2013

Rolla, Missouri
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great old theater to visit”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

We went to see a movie at this grand old theater. It is decorated with lots of old movie posters and memorabilia Great concession choices and just a real fun experience to see a movie in a real lively area

Visited June 2013
st louis mo
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Going back in time :-)”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I've been to the Tivoli several times in my lifetime. I LOVE that this theater shows movies that you might not get to see on the big screen, usually. But what I love the most is that once you walk through their doors, you feel like you're back in the day of the silver screen. Like maybe when "Gone With The Wind" was originally shown? The owners of the Tivoli display movie memorabilia from the early days of picture shows. The decor is beautiful.

The only thing that I was a little disappointed with this time was that it seems to be not kept up. Like maybe the seats inside the theater room we were in dated back to the 90's? It seemed a little dirty in this room too, not to mention worn.

I will definitely go again. In fact, I brought my daughter and her friends to a midnight movie and I didn't think they were impressed. Just this week, they wanted me to take them to the Tivoli again... I guess they have a new generation of life long customers! lol

This is definitely an movie experience that you won't want to miss if you find yourself in the U City Loop :-)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank shellakers
Dayton, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Unique Classic Theater”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We visited this theater while staying at Moonrise Hotel on the Del Mar loop. We arrived a day early for a wedding and had the evening free and so decided on a whim to visit an opening night showing of an Indy flick out of the UK. Great show, and great theater! With only 3 screens, the other two were playing mainstream movies. We are so glad we decided to visit, as this place had great ambiance. The only minor inconvenience was seat height, but the resolution on the screen was great. Refreshments (I had gelato) were excellent as well.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank spazzyjanet
“Church service”
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

They have a church service on Sunday. It was actually pretty great . It is non denominational. The music was good and there is coffee and bagels as you walk in. They also have classes for kids of any age.

Visited March 2013