“Great!”

Ranked #33 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
LA
“Great!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This was our first time staying at any Residence Inn so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The room they gave us turned out not to be ready when we keyed in, but they promptly switch us to a ready room directly across the hall. Great place. Have stayed at more Residence Inns since and really enjoy the chain.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed for a week for business and brought my family. Good size rooms with full kitchen. The food is really good and love the evening food Mon - Wed. The staff was always friendly. The only negatives were the loud traffic coming from interstate and my pillows were not great, but would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing parking lot are quieter due to the interstate being on the other sides.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kris2747
Fairway, Kansas
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The location can't be beat. I was traveling for business and decided to take my entire family with me including our dog. I chose this property due to the fact that it was close to my clients and close to local attractions including Busch stadium. I had reserved a "standard" room, but the front desk upgraded me to a massive suite at check-in which came in very handy since I had my wife, 2 year old, and Chihuahua with me!

Everything was terrific from the staff to the free breakfast and nightly appetizers. The only downside was that our room would not cool down. However, that was likely due to the fact that the daytime temperature reached 107 and our room was on the top floor. Overall, the hotel offered great value and met our needs.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Caneruler
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My family (5) stayed at this location for 4 days. The rooms were clean and things were not falling apart. The sofa bed was too large for the room and extremely uncomfortable, however, the beds in the other rooms were good beds but nothing spectacular. The staff was fantastic and very friendly, they would say hello anytime you saw them. They have a complimentary breakfast every morning but it is not very good at all (very limited options, plain, no taste). But overall it was a good experience here, but nothing that left us in awe.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I always try to stay at a Marriott brand. This trip was just an overnight in St. Louis and back home to KC. Check in was quick and the front desk staff very friendly. The room was just wonderful. It was ready (very important), clean and roomy. Even though my view was of the train station, it was very interesting to look at the movement going on. My bed is was so, so comfy that I hated to leave it. The dining room staff was very nice, everyone greeted you with a friendly smile and good morning. The breakfast was more than I expected. Usually the typical stuff, but this site has eggs Florentine and parfaits. The hotel was quiet even though it looked to be quite full. I have stayed at many of the St. Louis sites, but I believe this will be my site of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Winchester, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This hotel was in a quiet location, 4 minutes from the heart of Downtown St. Louis. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff and the shuttle transportation were excellent! We didn't have any problems with our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mysti D
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here while house hunting for a new home due to a transfer. The hotel staff is very friendly especially the friendly and chatty "lunch room lady". She said hello with a smile to everyone that was getting their breakfast. Our room was smaller than expected for a one bedroom suite. We were going to stay here when we move down while we wait to get the closing done on our house but we have changed our mind due to the size. We will be staying at the Villas at Brentwood that offer corporate housing instead for twice the size and $83/night and it comes with an oven where the Residence did not unless you got a two bedroom suite. The bathroom tub had what appeared to be grime in it which was later confirmed by the slippery feeling when getting in. Slipped on my last day but caught myself. Lightbulb out above the bathroom sink. Both issues I plan to tell the staff when we check out today. The breakfast offers many options. You won't leave hungry. The also offer an evening meal Mon-Wed which is free. This is great for people traveling on a budget and on those days. As another person mentioned, you do have to have the staff let you in to the pool and hot tub area. We never did try them out so can't comment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple