As someone who lived in St. Louis about 20 years ago, the area this Residence Inn is located makes me reluctant to book it. This used to be a very bad neighborhood with many undesirable qualities, especially crimes. However, reading other nice comments from other TripAdvisor users made me feel like that I should give it a try since my first option of Residence Inn at Brentwood was full. Boy, I am so glad that I did book this hotel.
First of all, the hotel is just off I-70 exit and you won't miss it. Secondly, it is in a well-lit area with tall fence and security guards. My concern about security vanished the minute I drove into the premise.
We booked a two bedroom unit and were pleasant to find out that the unit actually has 1 king and 2 queen size beds. It is very spacious and fits our party of 4 perfectly. The rooms are clean and everything is good condition. The front desk staff are very warm and helpful.
The breakfast and the late afternoon receptions have fresh fruits and a wide range of other options. The dinner and breakfast together saved us probably $60 and they beat eating at McDonald's or Wendy's handily.
Going to downtown area for sightseeing is an easy 5 minute drive or you can take the hotel's shuttle. This hotel is absolutely the best choice for St. Louis area if you are interested in an easy to find hotel with quick access to the downtown area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the difference at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Louis Downtown. As the first and only extended stay hotel in downtown, we combine the conveniences of home with the services of a hotel. Wonderfully different and tastefully designed, you will have the option of choosing accommodations from our three various suite types ~ studio, one, and two-bedroom. With our versatile suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, you will have plenty of space for entertaining or meeting with colleagues; and space to work efficiently and comfortably. Experience the difference at Residence Inn by enjoying all of the complimentary extras we offer; deluxe breakfast buffet, evening social hour, high speed internet access, grocery shopping service, and exercise room. With our convenient downtown location, you will be just minutes away from all of the excitement happening in Downtown St. Louis Riverfront-Arch, St. Louis Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Avenue, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown Hotel Saint Louis
- Residence Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Residence Inn