“Fantastic Meal!”

Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Located in the spacious, open lobby of the Hilton St. Louis Downtown at the Arch, our urban grille takes advantage of our location by placing diners in an elevated corner of the hotel's atmospheric charm. Warm and welcoming.
Davenport, Iowa
“Fantastic Meal!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family visited 400 Olive to celebrate my husbands birthday. Everybody loved the food and the drinks were great as well. The staff were super friendly and knowledgable. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank katwater86

Western North Carolina
“Excellent service in hotel restaurant”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We walked to this restaurant from our hotel. There were 5 of us and we appeared to be the only patrons in the restaurant. Our server was most attentive and we enjoyed a relaxing time. It was quiet,which seems rare in many restaurants. We ordered numerous ala carte items across the menu and enjoyed a variety of dishes. It was great to not have to rush, to be able to have a decent conversation during the meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joyce M
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Doesn't Accommodate Food Allergies”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went on Valentine's day 2014. We had reservations. When we got there they only had a special Valentine's menu and REFUSED to let me order off the regular menu. I could NOT eat most of the items on the Valentine's day menu due to my food allergies. We asked for a manager and no one came. I stopped by the bar and found out that the regular menu was being offered at the bar. After waiting 20 minutes for a manager we left. Worst experience ever.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chris H
Mark S, Manager at 400 Olive Modern American Bistro, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Chris H, Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent experience at 400 Olive. We are truly disappointed a manager did not get to your table before leaving the restaurant. We want all our guests to feel welcome and to enjoy their meals.
Our new executive chef would have been delighted to create a menu for you to enjoy Friday evening. Please accept my sincerest apology and if there is anything I may do to make things right I shall. I may be reached at 314.554.7078 or mark.sugars@hilton.com
seg82
“There's a reason the restaurant was empty”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

After a day of travel, we decided to just checkout the hotel restaurant instead of going out. Big mistake. Our spinach artichoke dip appetizer was soupy, and the entrees looked like they threw together whatever was left in the kitchen. I wish we would have taken pictures of just how bad the presentation was.

• Visited January 2014
Mark S, Manager at 400 Olive Modern American Bistro, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Seg82, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent experience in our restaurant. We are very disappointed your meal turned out so poor. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know we truly want our guests to have an enjoyable experience as well as great quality food. If your schedule allows in providing more information about dinner please contact me direct at 314.554.7078 or mark.sugars@hilton.com.
Thank you for your feedback so we may better serve you in the future given the opportunity.
Warmest regards, Mark Sugars, Assistant General Manager
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Not an upscale restaurant at all. Decent enough food, but standard hotel fair. Service was friendly but the food definitely not worth the price

Mark S, Manager at 400 Olive Modern American Bistro, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Boejina, Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointing experience. We are making several changes to the entire food and beverage department. A complete renovation a new menu and new additions to the team.
We hope in time you will reconsider joining us again for a meal.
Thank you for your business.