“Great gift!”

EAT Saint Louis Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 25 Food & Drink in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Treat yourself to a 3-hour Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour of delicious St. Louis Neighborhoods! Visitors enjoy a picturesque guided stroll through the Hill neighborhood including six delicious tastings of handmade food from mom-and-pop restaurants and one-of-a-kind specialty food stores, while receiving an insider's view into the history, culture and architectural gems of the area.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Carbondale, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great gift!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I received this tour as a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I took my husband along as my guest. We had no idea what to expect, and we had a great time! There were 10 people in our group. Pete had done a lot of research and ground work in order to make our tour interesting. We walked at a comfortable pace while he pointed out sites of historical interest on the Hill. He had selected tasting venues that still make all their food "from scratch," so it was authentic and high quality. We had generous portions of pizza, toasted ravioli, salami sandwiches, gelato, and topped it off with cold Italian beer at a bocce ball court. The good food, combined with the professionalism and friendliness of the tour guide, made for a delightful day!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Esther H

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great way to experience "the hill"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a great way to try some food you may not have tried before and to learn about the area's history. I have lived in the St. Louis area for a short while and have only eaten in this area a few times. I will definitely be back. My friends and I enjoyed the tour, and we enjoyed the other people in our group. The tour took a full 3 hours. It was fun walking from place to place and having Pete talk to us about the history of the area.

1 Thank Deborahl201460
“Best day ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a fabulous day! As a native of St. Louis I have totally taken this beautiful area for granted and Eat St. Louis brought The Hill alive for me! The tour guide was so professional, organizes, friendly and certainly very very knowledgable. You will not regret doing this! Ill be doing it again soon!

“Very fun afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My girlfriend and I just took this tour on a Thursday afternoon and had a great time. We have lived here nearly two years now and hadn't spent too much time at the hill. After this trip through the neighborhood we are looking forward to our next trip there. The tour guide was knowledgeable and highlighted some delicious food in the historical area. I was surprised by all of the notable people that came from the hill over the years, the tour was well worth the time and made fro a great afternoon.

Maplewood, Missouri
“An Authentic Walk through Historic Hill Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I, a young couple, just took this tour this afternoon (May 23rd, 2014) with a group of 6 other people. We enjoyed absolutely everything about the tour. The tour guide, Pete, Manzo, was extremely knowledgeable about the food, the restaurants, the area, the people, and the history. It was evident that he had made a great effort to get to know the true essence of The Hill.
All of the restaurants that we visited, including Guido's Pizzeria and Tapas, Volpi Salumeria, and Gioia's Deli, were all historic local businesses that have a long and interesting past in The Hill community. Pete explained the impact that they had, described the food, and truly made it an enjoyable and engaging experience. More importantly, all of the food was extremely delicious!!! It was very evident why Pete had chosen those restaurants as the focus of the tour.
We highly recommend this tour both to those who are visiting St. Louis and to native St. Louisans who are looking for a fun and unique activity in their hometown. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!