“Great Place”

Cuisines: Diner
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Crowne Plaza staff suggested Chili Mac's Diner in downtown St. Louis prior to Cardinals game. Great little place. Staff was superb. I tried the pulled pork sandwich and a large bowl of chili. Both were outstanding! Food was delicious and service was outstanding. Very friendly, down home style. I loved it!

1  Thank Cy2015

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stopped by this little diner in downtown St. Louis simply because I loved the way it looked!

I sat at the pink formica counter and was instant greeted by the very friendly ladies that seem like they have worked here forever.

Have the Chili Mac which is spaghetti noodles covered with chili, cheese, and onion. Classic! Very tasty but in hindsight, not the best idea to eat this type of meal a mere 3 hours before a 4 hour flight...

I'll be back for sure!!

2  Thank tuckiefried
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This diner is the real deal. Don't let the "chili mac" in the name scare you away from enjoying a great breakfast in this downtown St. Louis gem. My buds and I were having a Cards getaway and we had breakfast on back to back mornings. I had your basic eggs/potatoes/meat/toast the first morning, which was great. The second day I had the french toast, which was outstanding. Our waitress (same for both days) was efficient, spunky, and a real pro. The atmosphere truly takes you back in time. And the prices were unbelievably inexpensive, when we had just walked two blocks from a hotel that wanted 20 bucks for a basic breakfast. Both my meals came in around six bucks. I'd like to go back in the future for the burger and chili experience.

1  Thank Dr O
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I love it when you walk into a diner and feel like you've stepped into the past. Being from New Jersey I love to check out at least one diner (if they have one) in whatever city I'm visiting for breakfast. Every diner has it's characters and Chili Mac's didn't disappoint on this particular day. Lucky me!

1  Thank Chet J
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We went to the one up north - they are the oldest diner in St Louis. A bit of a sketchy neighborhood (the waitress told us not to stay too long), but worth it. The service was excellent. The food was great! Chili pie has fritos and chili, sour cream, etc. It was great. The chili mac is super - it is spaghetti with chili, like Hormel hot dog topping chili. Yum! The burgers and fries were good. A great experience for our family.