“I was impressed and I am hard to impress!”

Fleur-de-Lys Mansion
Ranked #2 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Argyle, Texas, United States
“I was impressed and I am hard to impress!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

From start to finish this B&B is the best I have ever experienced. Let me qualify my opinion: I stay in B&B's across the USA ~150 night a year. I know B&B's! The owners and staff are 100% professional, the home is spectacular, the surrounding area is perfect, only 5 minutes for The Hill! Breakfast was amazing, the bed is super perfect (special scent in the sheets!), and the complimentary Brandy snifter cordial before bed was the perfect way to end my evening.

I will be staying here every time I visit St. Louis, MO. NO other place can offer what they offer.

Room Tip: Bring swim suit. They have an awesome hot tub!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

After our wedding, my husband and I spent two nights at the Fleur-de-Lys Mansion. Hands down, the most lovely, comfortable, romantic, delicious, hospitable stay we could have imagined. Thank you, Jan! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We reserved a smaller room, without a tub, but were still able to enjoy the spa's hot tub.
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our stay at the Fleur-De-Lys was at the end of our vacation and we could not have finished better. Jan and Dave were wonderful; helpful, friendly, we really felt at home. Whatever we needed, they were there for us. The room was exceptional, the food fantastic, everything was more than just right! Highest reccomendations!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!!
Washington, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was a great place. We loved the comfortable beds, delicious food, and relaxing hot tub. It was just what we were looking for. We would love to go back!

1 Thank Aaron H
Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is a late entry but never late than never! I stayed there the last week on June 2009 and it was my first experience at FDL. I loved it.

For starters, it's in a fab location--near a million restaurants, Soulard Market, and the Botanical Gardens. And not far off the highways.

I usually like to be pampered when I travel and I've tried most of the higher-end hotels inside Saint Louis. This time I looked into B&Bs. Many of the website photos weren't impressive--shabby without the chic--and brands quilts out the wazoo. Then I came across FDL Mansion.

It is a LOVELY old mansion across from the historic Compton Water Tower with gated parking (it's Saint Louis, y'all). There are just 4 rooms--2 with queen beds, 2 with kings. All of them are richly decorated with fully private baths. I stayed in the Forest Park Suite with a king bed and jacuzzi. Awesome. The lemon verbena soaps were lovely but my sensitive skin didn't agree.

The rest of the mansion is beautiful. Sitting room, dining rooms, library, kitchen. And yet they make you feel at home. For breakfast they had an amazing brioche French toast, mixed berry muffin, yogurt smoothie, and maple syrup bacon. Yes, it's been 3 years and I remember every detail! I met the other guests at breakfast--2 rooms were out-of-staters, and one was a couple on a baby moon! They had the worls during their stay--private dinner, massage, carriage ride through the Park.

Jane and Dave Seifert are the owners and are very warm and friendly and enjoy getting to know their guests.

Room Tip: All four rooms are lovely, two have views.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ozarker
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I live locally and got a babysitter overnight last minute so decided to check out Fleur-de-lys. We LOVED it. We are frequent BnB goers and this is by far the best experience.

Pristine, gorgeous, comfortable, wonderful, put simply. Come here to get pampered and relax or explore STL if you want to keep busy.

Jan began emailing us a day or so before to make sure she knew things we liked to drink, eat, do, etc. She made sure to know when we'd arrive so they could help us get into the gated parking area.

When we arrived, she met us at the door. The Mansion is locked, safe, and secure to stay at. Jan gave us a tour of the house and history first thing. Then, we left to eat at Zia's on the Hill, came back and hopped in the MAGNIFICENT private hot tub with balcony overlooking the garden area out back. Jan provided us with plastic stem ware for the hot tub area so that we could enjoy wine. Towels and robes were provided and were luxurious quality.

There is a hall closet with any amenities that you may have forgotten (toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, etc.)

We stayed in the Resevoir room which was beautiful. We melted into our bed for the night. There's TV, WIFI, and ipod decks. There was plenty of sunshine or if you don't want sunshine you could shut the blinds. The bathroom was spacious and shower had great water pressure. There was a towel warmer which was nice too.

Breakfast was nothing less than incredible. I'm posting pics so take a look. I will be back here for a girls trip!

P.S. I accidentally clicked a rating for pool/fitness center and it won't let me erase that but there isn't either of those there.

West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had a truly wonderful stay at the Fleur-De-Lys Mansion from the moment the hostess greeted us and took us for a tour of this beautiful mansion with lovely furnishings. Our room was very pretty, clean, and comfortable. Jan and Dave were delightful hosts, very friendly and helpful. We truly appreciated the hints on places to eats and see. The breakfasts were delicious and special. Of course, we loved the warm chocolate chip cookies when we came in. We hope to go back someday!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple