“Fleur-de-Lys Mansion: Great Expectations!”

Fleur-de-Lys Mansion
Ranked #3 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I came across the Fleur-de-Lys Mansion a few years prior when looking for places to stay when traveling to St. Louis and had wanted to stay there since. The bed and breakfast immediately lives up to expectations as the owners, Dave and Jan Seifert, make guests feel right at home upon entering this exquisite home. Soft music playing in the background immediately calms and soothes any cares away. After introductions, Dave is quick to give a proper tour and history of the mansion before attending to fine details and showing guests to their room. All four guest rooms are located upstairs, each one uniquely decorated. In all rooms, guests will find a heavenly bed decorated in luxury linens, sitting area, writing desk-complete with stationary, TV with DVD player, L’Occitane bath products, towel warmers and ultra-plush robes. In the upstairs common area, there is also a toiletries closet that supplies forgotten items. In the former solarium of the home, guests may relax in the private hot tub spa overlooking the back flower gardens. Guests are also invited to relax and savor the evenings in the home’s public rooms or the outdoor patio area. Guests are sure to satisfy their sweet tooth with various chocolates as well as fresh-baked cookies that are always available. Breakfast each morning is served in the dining room at intimate tables set for two, and guests are treated to a fruit course followed by a mouth-watering main dish. If guests enjoy tea, Jan will graciously indulge them with her immense tea collection.

The Fleur-de-Lys Mansion is located across from Reservoir Park in a residential neighborhood with many other enchanting homes. The bed and breakfast is a short drive to many St. Louis highlights, and Dave and Jan are eager to provide places and points of interest to help guests make the most of their stay.

The Fleur-de-Lys Mansion is a member of Select Registry, BedandBreakfast.com, iloveinns.com and Bed and Breakfast Inns of Missouri.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fleur-de-Lys Mansion

Reviewed 16 August 2012

From start to finish this B&B is the best I have ever experienced. Let me qualify my opinion: I stay in B&B's across the USA ~150 night a year. I know B&B's! The owners and staff are 100% professional, the home is spectacular, the surrounding area is perfect, only 5 minutes for The Hill! Breakfast was amazing, the bed is super perfect (special scent in the sheets!), and the complimentary Brandy snifter cordial before bed was the perfect way to end my evening.

I will be staying here every time I visit St. Louis, MO. NO other place can offer what they offer.

Room Tip: Bring swim suit. They have an awesome hot tub!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

After our wedding, my husband and I spent two nights at the Fleur-de-Lys Mansion. Hands down, the most lovely, comfortable, romantic, delicious, hospitable stay we could have imagined. Thank you, Jan! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We reserved a smaller room, without a tub, but were still able to enjoy the spa's hot tub.
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our stay at the Fleur-De-Lys was at the end of our vacation and we could not have finished better. Jan and Dave were wonderful; helpful, friendly, we really felt at home. Whatever we needed, they were there for us. The room was exceptional, the food fantastic, everything was more than just right! Highest reccomendations!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!!
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was a great place. We loved the comfortable beds, delicious food, and relaxing hot tub. It was just what we were looking for. We would love to go back!

1  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is a late entry but never late than never! I stayed there the last week on June 2009 and it was my first experience at FDL. I loved it.

For starters, it's in a fab location--near a million restaurants, Soulard Market, and the Botanical Gardens. And not far off the highways.

I usually like to be pampered when I travel and I've tried most of the higher-end hotels inside Saint Louis. This time I looked into B&Bs. Many of the website photos weren't impressive--shabby without the chic--and brands quilts out the wazoo. Then I came across FDL Mansion.

It is a LOVELY old mansion across from the historic Compton Water Tower with gated parking (it's Saint Louis, y'all). There are just 4 rooms--2 with queen beds, 2 with kings. All of them are richly decorated with fully private baths. I stayed in the Forest Park Suite with a king bed and jacuzzi. Awesome. The lemon verbena soaps were lovely but my sensitive skin didn't agree.

The rest of the mansion is beautiful. Sitting room, dining rooms, library, kitchen. And yet they make you feel at home. For breakfast they had an amazing brioche French toast, mixed berry muffin, yogurt smoothie, and maple syrup bacon. Yes, it's been 3 years and I remember every detail! I met the other guests at breakfast--2 rooms were out-of-staters, and one was a couple on a baby moon! They had the worls during their stay--private dinner, massage, carriage ride through the Park.

Jane and Dave Seifert are the owners and are very warm and friendly and enjoy getting to know their guests.

Room Tip: All four rooms are lovely, two have views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ozarker
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I live locally and got a babysitter overnight last minute so decided to check out Fleur-de-lys. We LOVED it. We are frequent BnB goers and this is by far the best experience.

Pristine, gorgeous, comfortable, wonderful, put simply. Come here to get pampered and relax or explore STL if you want to keep busy.

Jan began emailing us a day or so before to make sure she knew things we liked to drink, eat, do, etc. She made sure to know when we'd arrive so they could help us get into the gated parking area.

When we arrived, she met us at the door. The Mansion is locked, safe, and secure to stay at. Jan gave us a tour of the house and history first thing. Then, we left to eat at Zia's on the Hill, came back and hopped in the MAGNIFICENT private hot tub with balcony overlooking the garden area out back. Jan provided us with plastic stem ware for the hot tub area so that we could enjoy wine. Towels and robes were provided and were luxurious quality.

There is a hall closet with any amenities that you may have forgotten (toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, etc.)

We stayed in the Resevoir room which was beautiful. We melted into our bed for the night. There's TV, WIFI, and ipod decks. There was plenty of sunshine or if you don't want sunshine you could shut the blinds. The bathroom was spacious and shower had great water pressure. There was a towel warmer which was nice too.

Breakfast was nothing less than incredible. I'm posting pics so take a look. I will be back here for a girls trip!

P.S. I accidentally clicked a rating for pool/fitness center and it won't let me erase that but there isn't either of those there.