“This is the only place to stay in St Louis”

Fleur-de-Lys Mansion
Ranked #3 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2010

If you are visiting St Louis you must stay at Fleur-de-Lys, the attention given to making your stay memorable is amazing. Jan nd Dave are truly excellent hosts.
The rooms are spacious and the beds offer an incredible nights sleep, and as for breakfast truly a gourmet feast.
Coffee, tea and cakes/bicscuits etc. are always available in the guest kitchen on the first (ground floor to the English) floor, and in the guest lounge you can relax with complimentary cognac or amaretto. The four guest suites are located on the second floor, and on the landing is a refrigerator containing complimentary soft drinks and water, and above snacks and nuts. Also provided is a store containing items you may have forgotten. On the same floor is the hot tub located in a solarium, just the place to relax.
There is secure gated parking, and Jan will book tickets for any attractions.
I could go on but the message is the Fleur-de -Lys should be top of your list if you visit St Louis.

1  Thank hfba

Reviewed 16 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fleur-de-Lys for two nights. It was our first time away from our kids in almost three years. Jan and Dave Seifert have created a beautiful, peaceful B&B in a wonderful part of St. Louis. The Seifert's are the penultimate hosts, their restored mansion is all that you would want, breakfasts were delightful. I can guarantee that it wont be another three years before we get back to the Fleur-de-Lys Mansion!

(Note: I didn't give full marks for value because this B&B is not inexpensive. However, you don't go to the Fleur-de-Lys for a cheap room, you can get that at a roadside hotel, you go there because you want peace, comfort, great location, and wonderful hosts.)

Reviewed 11 June 2010

My husband and I had travelled from our home in the Netherlands to St. Louis for a wedding. We were at the Fleur de Lys for 5 nights and found it like coming home in terms of comfort and welcome. We had a very hectic schedule, jet lag, and little knowledge of the city, but Jan and Dave were available with suggestions and assistance as well as giving us the perfect location to rest up for our next busy day. I can only hope that we will have more events in St. Louis that will allow us to come stay again!

Reviewed 3 June 2010

My self and five other childhood girlfriends stayed at the Mansion for two fabulous nights last week. Jan and Dave are true Innkeepers keeping their guests requests and needs above all else. From the moment we walked through the front door we felt at home. The Mansion is beautiful, quiet, relaxing, historical and refreshing. Jan and Dave spoiled us with their outstanding breakfast each morning and made us all feel spoiled! We will be back - thank you for a very memorable visit. Brenda B.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Jan and Dave created a romantic and memorable backyard wedding for me. All the stress was taken away for me and I was able to enjoy the day with my family. The cake and flowers were beautiful and the champagne flutes they gave us were a beautiful wedding gift. When asked about my wedding I say that it was Awesome and Perfect and I attribute it all to them. The 3 nights we stayed were heavenly in the luxurious room. The pictures cannot do justice to the beauty of the mansion. Each morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast and each night there were homemade cookies to enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My husband and I stayed Fleur-De-Lys Mansion during a spring getaway to St. Louis. We found the mansion to be beautifully decorated and our stay was wonderfully relaxing. Dave and Jan were very accomodating hosts, even taking into consideration special dietary issues. Their various restaurant and sightseeing suggestions made our trip memorable. The bed in our room as heavenly! We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My husband planned this stay for my 50th birthday and Dave and Jan went out of their way to make it a truly memorable day--purchasing a rose to be placed in the room and making reservations at a restaurant they recommended. The mansion is gorgeous and atmosphere very relaxing--loved the background music in the rooms! Loved talking with Dave and Jan while they fixed our delicious breakfast. We had to leave immediately afterwards to continue our trip but they took the time to make sure we had an enjoyable morning and it would have been so easier to stay and relax a little longer! Would love to go back. God Bless You, Dave & Jan!! Chuck & Cindy

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple