“Fantastic appetizer”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Made a late reservation for a Saturday night. Got there at 930pm and the place was packed. The decor is very nice - low level lighting and nice details. Unfortunately we ended up at possibly the worst table in the restaurant and there was a significant draft from the kitchen or air conditioning (couldn't tell which). But despite the bad seat, our server was excellent and the food was delicious. Particularly the Goat Cheese appetizer. Also had the short rib pasta which was great. Our server apparently missed placing our appetizer order so she comp'd us a glass of wine and when we told her we couldn't take our leftovers with us (because of the long drive home) she sent us away with a piece of chocolate cake and 2 forks wrapped in napkins. Not only was that greta, but the cake was absolutely fantastic! We will definitely be coming back here, but making reservations early and asking for a booth seat!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We entered without a reservation to a packed restaurant on a Wednesday night. The Maitre d’ said it would be 40 min for a table and we decided to wait. He said he would try to work us in if things changed and viola! After 10 minutes we were seated – full marks for being totally in control of the front of the house. Charming ambiance and décor continued the good feeling. Service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive. Food was also excellent, I had linguine with clams that which was packed with fresh clams and delicious. My appetizer of mussels was also very good but maybe dial the spiciness of the broth back a notch. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This restaurant was very close to our hotel and was ranked very highly when we decided to go. It was definitely worth it. The appetizers were HUGE and the special of the day, lasagna, was amazing. It was also large and very flavorful. Both my husband and I enjoyed ourselves. Although we didn't order it, their pasta menu was very large and each dish that came out of the kitchen to surrounding tables looked amazing. It was a small place and you sort of sit tightly with other customers, but set up a reservation and GO!

1  Thank GrkKookla
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I landed my first job in high school bussing at the #2/3 upscale italian restaurant in the StL. A place called Kemoll's. It was in one of the worst N StL neighborhoods (it has since relocated downtown @ the top of the Metropolitan Square Bldg) by the old Sportsmans Park (original home of the Cardinals). I got in good w the owners and got free left over food all the time. I fell in love w food and grew an appreciation for what great italian food tasted like. As my palate has matured I sadly rarely seek out italian (partially because I am usually disappointed).
I FRATELINI NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!!! My wife and I live a 100 miles east of the arch but have been going to I frats for about 8 years. It is one of the best most consistant restaurants we have found. Service is always impeccable. It is ina store fron building with exposed brick and tall windows up front that are opened on cool evenings. The window seat is the best in the house and where our party of four were seated. I started w a Hendricks martini which is usually shaken and poured table side but was not last night (either time). Everyone else had wine by the glass. A pinot noir and a chardoney drinker. Both were pleased. We told our best friends we were expecti g so my wife abstained. We started w the mussels in a red sauce, the bruschetta w shrimp and a caprisi salad. All were very good but the bruschetta is the best I have ever had, 4 huge tiger prawns, second i would rec the mussels. Caprisi was good, but not a fan of motzerella. As an entree I had the rack of lamb (which always get if its on the menu anywhere), my wife the lasagna w spicy sausage, our friends the mushroom ravioli in brown butter sauce and the creamy pasta at the top of the menu. The rack of lamb which I have had countless times here is one of the best in the USA. My wifes lasagna was o e of the best I have ever had and spicy enough I would not have added pepper ( I ussually use habanero and had some ghost pepper just this week) mild for me but perfectly seasoned. My friend white sauce pasta was awsome. I ate his unfinished half and a third of my wifes block of lasagna. I am a skinny dude that eats like I am in competition. ..the top of the menu pasta in cream sause was o e of the best pasta dishes I have ever had and only marginally better than the lasagna. Lastly I would rec the mushroom rav, although my wife ussually prders it and loves it. We finished of w expressos and coffee. Coffee for me and they serve an amazing cup of joe. We all shared a desert. I have had them all in the past and like the canolli and the blueberry tart myself. I am not a sweet tooth ( we are actually a bunch of dentists so this is appropriate). They are known forr the tiramisu whichis wonderful, basedon past experience. Afterwards we walked across the street were the owner of I Frats opened a wine bar. Good times. I woke at six am and here I am. Do yourself a favor and book a res. The rest is very small and quaint and tables limited.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

At the end of our trip to help our son move into his dorm at a nearby University, we had a great meal here. Good food, excellent service but quite noisy for those who need to speak. We will be visiting again.