“Watered Down Drinks”

Saint Louis, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watered Down Drinks”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I spent an evening in July 2013 here watching a friend's band play. During the evening, I ordered mixed drinks (I don't do wine or beer, not they even have wine). My first one tasted like Sprite mixed with water. I had ordered a rail drink, so I thought maybe I would step it up and order a flavored vodka, that also tasted like water mixed with Sprite. I felt like I was losing my mind, so I ordered a shot. After drinking the shot, I came to the conclusion that this was the first bar in my life that I had ever been to that actually watered down their liquor (that I could notice, anyway). After seeing many reviews about how the owners treat their business like their playground, I am betting they had a few too many drinks after hours and the patrons are paying for it. I attempted to contact the business to let them know my experience, perhaps apologize... I have yet to hear a word. Not a problem, considering hipster bars in South City aren't hard to come by.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cmartin1012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I and quite a few of our friends were at Lemmons on 07/19/13. We arrived a bit early to see some bands play and decided to order a few drinks. First complaint is that when I asked for a drink that the bartender did not know, instead of being polite and asking how to make that he flatly said "I don't know how to make that" and went to walk away. Ok. I get that. You don't know how to make a certain drink, but how about asking the customer how to make it instead of being rude. After I finally got my drink (rum and coke) and my wife's drink (vodka, sprite and grenadine) we went to sit down and enjoy our drinks. Now I've been to my fair share of bars. I've drank some really bad alcohol, but this is the first time I have been to a bar where it tasted like they literally put water in their alcohol bottles. My rum and coke tasted like a small glass of coke mixed with some water. My wife's drink tasted even worse and when we started talking to our party, we found out one of the girls with us ordered a vodka and sprite and had the same exact problem. So much so that they took it up to the bar to return it and the bartender gave them trouble for saying it didn't taste good. Overall, a very horrible experience. We attempted to contact the bar privately via facebook, but we have received no answer so here we are.

• Visited July 2013
“Closest deep dish pizza to Chicago style I've found”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Ordered deep dish pizza with the works. It's was exceptional. Living in Chicago for 12 yrs I got spoiled with deep dish, however lemmons isn't too far off. Highly recommend

• Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great local hangout, okay food.”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

The hour wait for a pizza almost makes it not worth it. Beer is beer and they have plenty of that.
Deep dish pizza is good. Though the sauce has a bit of zing to it.
Fries are good and cheese bread is okay.
Local bar atmosphere. Dark, dingy inside bit interesting folks. I'd go again just for trivia.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Same pizza as blackthorn. Delicious! and they have really good wings with cracked pepper. Also delicious! (Thorn...”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

Same pizza as blackthorn. Delicious! and they have really good wings with cracked pepper. Also delicious! (Thorn doesn't have the wings)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook