“Friendly Pub, Good Food!”

John P Fields Restaurant
Ranked #1,180 of 3,045 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was traveling in the St. Louis area and went to Clayton looking for some dinner by myself. The JP Fields put was open and looked inviting so I gave it a try. The beer selection was very good - I had the Pale Ale and it was a very nice beer. For dinner I had their grilled salmon in dill sauce with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. It was a wonderful meal. I would go back when I am in town next time!

The pub has lots of TV's and a bar area. It would be a good place to go and watch a game, but this night I was just looking for a quick meal and it fit the bill!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My friend and I stopped in to this little bar after finding just about everything else closed on a Saturday at 5pm in Clayton. The cheesesteak is delicious!! Big chunks of steak smothered with cheese wiz and green peppers and onions (i don't like mushrooms so they happily kept them off the sandwhich for me). I also got the cheese wiz on my waffle fries and HOLY MOLY it was a hit!!!! Service was norm, but food came out hot n fast. A little pricey at almost $10 before a drink, but I'd definately go back to get my cheesesteak fix here. Best place for it in STL that I've found so far!! :)