“Worst hotel ever”

Days Inn Downtown St. Louis
Ranked #97 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family reserved 2 rooms to accomodate all of us. The rooms smelled of mold. The towels were soiled looking. They never gave us any extra towels 3 people in room 4 in other. Gave us 2 towels/2 wash cloths. Cheap SOBs. Breakfast was disgusting.. cereal spilled all over counter nobody cleaning up. No coffee, no juice - nothing for kids to eat. It was 8 am they were not renewing anything ! Then to top it all there were 2 cars broken into overnite. The staff didn't seem to have any reaction at all to any of it. Check & see what owns the motels around St. Louis before you stay ! Don't make a mistake and be fooled by a white person at the desk ! It's an Indian Trick !

Room Tip: Stay with white people owned motels. Don't be fooled by whites on the desk hired by Indians ! Be...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Russellville
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Our stay was not very good at all. When we arrived the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. The restroom inside our room smelled like sewage. We stayed in a room with two queen beds, for the four adults that we had in our group, but our room was only stocked with two wash cloths and two towels. We had to go down to the front desk to request more towels and wash clothes. Then we had to go back down to the front desk to get someone to come poor some chemicals down the bathroom drain to try to control the smell. We asked for wash cloths & they dsaid they didn't have any clean to offer. That was $149 down the drain.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dalton, Ga.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here July 3rd-6th my family of 4. There was me, my husband, our son (14 yrs old) and our daughter (4 yrs old). I booked this room while traveling down the road on my laptop and after I booked it I decided to look at the reviews and after reading them I actually tried to find another hotel to stay at but because of it being around the 4th of July everyone was sold out so I just told my husband we would just have to see for ourselves and pray that it wasn't that bad as the reviews had said. When we got to the hotel at 3am on Thursday morning to check in we did notice as the reviews had said that this hotel was in an industrial type area that has been run down, but the hotel is fenced in. My husband had to bang and bang on the doors to get someone up to come and check us in. I think the owners live here but anyways we got our room key and we were in room #304, with 2 queen beds. We unloaded on the cart and went to our room. The hallways smelled really good, and so did the elevator. When we arrived to our room 1st thing we did was we pulled the comforter back to check our sheets and they were actually Very Clean! They smelled Really, Really Clean! I was impressed! The bathroom was Clean, and plenty of fresh towels!! We had a Microwave, Refrigerator, and a personal lock safe. We all slept really good in the beds, they were actually pretty comfortable. The next morning when housekeeping came around they were so nice! Gave me plenty of extra towels, and took my dirty ones. Now about the location, again it was in an industrial type area but the distance to the Arch and activities was only like 2 miles so really for a place just to sleep and take baths this location is awesome! We found our way around pretty good from this location. Just know that I wouldn't walk anywhere from this location and there is nothing to do or anything like a store around this location. Just the hotel stands alone! We stayed 3 nights and each day we had housekeeping and they put fresh sheets on our beds! When we checked out the gentleman (an Indian looking guy) was really nice to us and thanked us for our stay! All in All for the rate that we paid and the good nights rests that we received while staying here I would recommend this hotel! If we ever decide to go back to St. Louis we would probably stay here again without hesitation. :) Our Experience was Great!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family