“Grand in style, but you can get the same for less.”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 20 January 2014

While the lobby is absolutely magnificent and is a must see while in St. Louis, the hotel it self is very large and hard to navigate. The staff is great, the amenities on target but the price a bit high.

Room Tip: If you have a car and are using their lot ask for a room closest to that lot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Greetings from the Station, jeffaseidman1! Thank you for stopping by TripAdvisor to leave your review. I am pleased to read that you mentioned our great team of associates in your review. Thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,341)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My stay here was perfect. I could not have asked for more. Great service and perfect location to the event I was attending. The hotel itself is very beautiful. The rooms were very nice, the pillows were smaller than average (only complaint). Valet parking is not necessary unless you will be carrying a lot of luggage.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Suzanne L! Thank you for staying with us here at the Station. I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the level of service you received as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you through St. Louis.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at the Union Station hotel for a conference. The old building is beautiful. The sleeping room was a little dated but just fine. For the conference, we had a lot of complaints about the amount/quality of food, temperatures and parking issues. I used the valet parking and got along fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were in town for one night and really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. There were several restaurants and bars within walking distance of our room, not to mention the theaters, ball parks etc. It made for a fun stop!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Gwen C! Thank you for visiting us for a short one night stay. As I'm sure you know, there is so much to do in St. Louis and you'll have to come back again soon. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel has top notch service. From the bell captain and valets who made sure we all got from the car through the blowing rain, to the guys who brought our luggage to our rooms, to the helpful front desk staff! The lobby of the hotel is breathtaking and I loved the lounge. The rooms are a little stale but I understand they are planning renovation. I hope that is the case. Our room was OK - not up to par with the service and the grand lobby, though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Just you wait, Jean R.... changes ARE coming to the Station! You'll soon see a guest room experience that matches the level of service we strive to offer. We can't wait to show you! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed spending time in the Grand Hall. See you soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is an excellent historic hotel. I was really impressed. They're very much on their toes. Hotels and their staff don't get any better. The following is to say nothing because apparently Trip Advisor requires 200 characters in their reviews. There isn't anything else to say about this hotel. The hotel was so good that I decided to waste your time and mine filling in this BS section. Trip Advisor may need to be questioned, the hotel doesn't.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William K

Greetings from the Station, William K! I loved reading your review of our hotel and I'm so happy we impressed you with our service. We hope to welcome you and your family again and again... Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

After I checked in, I was informed that there was no water, no room service, and the convinence store was closed. After a long day of travel, I couldn't get a glass of water or take a shower. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Susan,

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. I appreciated your understanding response to my initial note and I will be looking forward to your return when our renovation is complete. As promised I've added Hilton Honor points to your account as an apology for not informing you completely of the work that needed to be done. I know that we're all thankful the plumbing work is completed and guestroom renovation may continue as scheduled.

Warmest Regards,