St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$160
US$144
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$112
Priceline
3,418 results
All reviewslight showgrand hallmain halllaser showhard rockbeautiful hotellandry's seafooddouble treethe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful lobbywarm cookiesself parkscottrade centerlobby areavalet servicefitness center
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is unique, but the hotel room is not. Light on the desk wouldn't work. Checked the wiring under the desk and someone had cut the wire. Cleanliness was mediocre. No coffee-maker in the room. Thermostat for AC/heat was not accurate. HVAC was noisy. Access to hotel via train from the airport is excellent.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

From the moment I walked in until the moment I left. The Service was excellent. The staff was very attentive. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL.......THE ROOMS WERE VERY CLEAN. IT WAS AS IF THE HOTEL HAD JUST OPEENED. there WAS SOME CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AT THE HOTEL BUT IN NO WAY DID IT TAKE AWAY FROM THE VISIT. Oh do not let me forget the Great Chocolate Chip (warm) Cookie given at check out was delicious.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for posting your review! Your review embodies most of our mission statement here at the Station! We focus so much on the service our amazing staff offers that we believe will be the best 4-Diamond property offering 5-Star service....and a COOKIE TO BOOT!!

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed one night on the senior rate. We were surprised that the hotel is under construction. We were given a room as far away from the lobby as possible were we found a dirty towel and an extremely dirty drinking glass. The sound booming across the plaza from the Hard Rock Cafe kept us awake until closing, thankfully at 11:00 PM. Construction began at 7:00 AM so we were up and out early. Great staff and we were glad to see the building being renovated as it is spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and kind comments about our beautiful building and fantastic staff! I am so terribly sorry these items were overlooked in your guestroom. 1/2 of our Housekeeping staff have been with us for YEARS and do an outstanding job, but there are still a handful learning the art of what it takes to keep our rooms immaculate. I'll share your feedback with the team--we will do better for you next time. PROMISE.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is under construction so if you are expecting to be blown away, maybe wait until the Hilton finishes their complete overhaul.

In spite of the scaffolding, construction tape, dust, and tired rooms, the staff from valet to check in to room service are friendly and complete professionals. We were here for a work conference and the service and attention to detail could not be beat. The breakfast buffet at the Station Grille was delish and only $14.95! The bar and snacks were great and again reasonably priced.

The hotel has access to the connected mall. There is an open food court and plenty of souvenir shops. Looks like the rest of the shops will open once the hotel is rehab is finished. From the food court you can walk out to the "lake" where there is a Hard Rock and Landry's seafood. Looks like a great place to hang out once the warmer weather arrives. There is a Lombardo's restaurant in the Drury Inn about a block away and a Maggie O'Briens. So plenty of choices within walking distance.

Rooms were so-so. My room was clean and comfortable but looked very worn down. I'm sure once the rooms are renovated it will be spectacular.

Overall decent place to stay but if you are stickler for things being done you may want to wait until the renovations are complete.

Btw, St. Louis is gearing up for the anniversary of the Arch so there is a lot of construction on the highways around the downtown area.

Room Tip: Room 2206 has a view of a garden/courtyard
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel one night. There were several doorman at the door. But NONE opened the door for me. When I first walked in, with the renovation. I didn't know where to go. I had to ask for directions, and received a rude response. I checked into my room and asked for a room with a view. And was declined. I can understand if there wasn't anything available But was just told NO. (I think if there was an explanation of why, I would have understood why.) I was then given cookies for my visit (which was a nice touch). I paid $16 for parking and was directed to park on the side of the building and could use my room key to get in. Now this is where the struggle begins! There NO clear signs of where to go. We entered and there was gymnastic event going on. So the WHOLE area is covered, meaning no where is there a route to your room??? we went to where we believed to be corrected and walked down corridors and and hallways without a sole in site. (about 15 minutes of seeking for help). We then decided to go back outside and walk around the building to see if we could go in the main entrance. (no help from the doorman again). We we asked at the front desk and was directed over a bridge area. We got lost again. We did see a housekeeper who offered some help by directing us which way to go. You have to go around so many turns we felt we could never make our way back out again. It took us about 30 minutes to get to our room. So discouraged right away. I hated that we paid to park. Ultimately it was .25 miles from our car to our room (I tracked it). The hotel seems to be separated from the front desk. There is old rundown mall between the desk and hotel. It was kinda creepy. The GOOD NEWS: the towels were nice. and the room was pretty good. We did ask for a roll away bed and it was in our room when we arrived. Once we were in our room we were happy. No breakfast or no inside pool. Good location for the St Patrick's Day Parade

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Union Station is 2-square city blocks and for first-time guests, it is often said it takes a few hours to explore and get acquainted with its size. Being built in 1894 (celebrating 120th birthday this year) and designed to accommodate millions of travelers it is sprawling…. Exploring this beautifully appointed treasure is half the fun however so my number one recommendation is patience--there are over 150 signs throughout the entire complex offering directions beginning outside on sidewalks, parking lots, and the MetroLink. Being somewhere new can be unsettling causing us to move with haste not noticing the signs around us...but please know they are there. I want to apologize for the experience you received by our Doorman--this was the hardest part to read knowing that we have a great team out there. I have no excuses for them and have printed your review and have spoken to the perception they created. I am terribly sorry they did not help to make your arrival a welcome one.