“A movable feast for your eyes”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Macomb, IL
“A movable feast for your eyes”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The ongoing renovation of the St. Louis Union Station/Doubletree is an incredible visual treat.
Hilton is uncovering the magnificent splendor of days gone by. The art deco, lush appointments and incredible architecture took my breath way. The management is on track to update all of the rooms by the end of May 2014.

The location is perfect for us…walking distance to the Metra, a short hop to I64 and then onto the Galleria, Forest Park, biking in St. Charles.

We were able to walk to the Scottrade Center to take in a St. Louis Blues hockey game.

Customer service was very good; the desk clerks were very helpful.

The basic rate does not include breakfast, but the savvy traveler can keep an eye out for very good specials.

Room Tip: Room 4007 was immense, big enough to qualify as a decent on bedroom apartment!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your review--I almost couldn't have said it better myself! The only thing I'll share is not ALL of our guestrooms will be done by the end of May, but we will have over 200 BRAND NEW guestrooms by that point and our Lobby will be done the first week of May.

We look forward to your next visit to see it completed!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

An early check-in to get a few extra hours of sleep which led to hammering and drilling above my head. Thin walls so I could hear my neighbors screaming at each other. And a security guard banging on my door at 6am... Not the hotel for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review--I am so terribly sorry that you had such an experience. I certainly wish I knew more about your visit because this review is hard to read. If you do not stay with us again, I strongly urge you to speak to staff next time such a problem arises. Most hotels will go out of their way to accommodate a guest who has experiences such as this--I know we would here. Thank you for sharing and I only wish we knew you weren’t enjoying yourself.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had the best experience at this hotel. I came here for a convention and at a business luncheon a waiter named Sonnie went above and beyond to ensure my table had what we needed throughout the lunch. There were a few special diets to consider and specific requests made that could've proved challenging. Not for Sonnie. He was the utmost customer service professional. He handled our needs to the fullest and even provided a little extra courtesy. (with a smile!) I haven't received hospitality like that in a while. It was a very pleasant experience and something that would definitely bring me back as a guest to this hotel! Also, the fresh made, warm cookies... are THE BEST! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: It's my first time as a guest here. It's being renovated and during the day there was a litt...
Gladstone, Missouri
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is located in the historic Union Station in downtown St. Louis. The architecture is very nice, beautiful ceilings, but there was a lot of construction going on in the lobby area so you had to use stairs to get to the check in area. I did not know this beforehand. I used their room service and the lady who brought the food to the room was very nice and I enjoyed my food. The pool was closed because it was outdoors and it was March. I enjoyed my room, the beds were comfy. I was supposed to have a king bed, but when I got there, it was not available, so I had two queen beds. That was not a problem for me. I liked that I did not have to check out in person, they put your bill under your door early in the morning, and then you can call a number which confirms your check out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is in desperate need of renovation. Some has started. The Union Station is being updated, but the hotel is not, and it is worn and tattered. The business center doors really didn't close, the curtains on them were torn and threadbare. The room I had was OK, not great. I was on the main floor and with the renovations in the station itself, my room had large tarps over the window so there was no outside view in any way. It was like staying in a closet. The people were incredibly friendly, which was great. The restaurant was OK, nothing to write home about, but decent. A reasonable wine list and wines by the glass. Service was rushed, however. My room was clean, but the shower bar was rusty. Room amenities were good. Overall Union Station is not a place to stay. It used to be a great place, now it is a hollow shell, 80% empty. There is not much around the hotel to walk to as well. The arch is a good mile+ away. Overall, I'd recommend to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: You could get a room with a serious walk from the registration desk, as where and how long a walk...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm sorry you didn't completely enjoy your experience. For readers of your review I wanted to share just a few notes. The arch is 1 mile from our front door and the Metro link runs under our parking lot so if walking isn't for you--ride! Thank you for your kind notes on our staff--they are amazing... Please know that the renovations you saw ARE inside the hotel and it makes me smile that the work being done floors above you went unnoticed. (We do our best to block guests away from the work). Every item you mentioned in your review is being addressed with this improvement plan…. EVERY ONE OF THEM will be corrected in months ahead. I promise.

After some time has passed I hope you return to see what an amazing place this truly is!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Customer service is spectacular! However, we had a few hiccups along the way. Double check your reservations when you arrive. There were a few of us who were set to check out a day earlier than expected. This was not ok. Do not order room service. The food came to us coooold. Housekeeping also came in while we were sleeping, saw us sleeping and proceeded to clean. Not ok.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your review and your warm comments towards our amazing staff. We truly believe that great people make great hotels. Thank you for your feedback about Housekeeping and Room Service. We have had received wonderful reviews for these two teams so your feedback will be shared with them and used to investigate what was different during your visit. I would love to know more about your stay--specific information is always helpful to narrow down the root cause of a miss-step. I can be reached at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com.

Neenah, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The St Louis Union Station Hotel is a cool place to stay. Location is central to many area attractions. The facility is undergoing more renovations and what is complete to date is impressive. The Staff was extremely friendly and courteous!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family