I wish I could give this place five stars, but in good conscious ... kidding.
Here's the good points: 1. The building itself is gorgeous, both inside and out. Don't miss the light show in the bar/restaurant area. 2. The location is wonderful. You are right in Union Station with food/shopping options right there. You are within walking distance to Busch Stadium and the Arch (about a mile one way). 3. The rooms are newly renovated and very nice. They are nicely appointed with all you'd need. 4. The service is above and beyond - polite, helpful and friendly.
Now, the bad points: 1. Parking is $24 a day. A little high. 2. No breakfast included. 3. You have to go in and out of several doors from check in to your room - a little confusing and a pain if you are carrying luggage and such.
Overall, I would recommend the Doubletree if staying downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt