Upon pulling off of the highway, we stopped in front of what we thought to be the main entrance to the hotel (archway) only to find the doors locked. Another guest had made the same mistake and politely told me that we needed to walk up the street to the "flags." If there was a posted sign, I missed it.
With that said, difficulty finding the main entrance was by far the worst experience I had during my stay at the hotel. My interactions with each member of the hotel staff grew increasingly delightful. Even though I parked my own car, the parking valets got me going in the right direction to the front desk (2nd floor). The check in staff was kind and playful without any pompous attitude that I have found at similar priced hotels during recent business trips to New Orleans and Lincoln, NE.
The hotel also presents a bit of St Louis history in the form of an awe inspiring light show eight times every evening on the ceiling of the ballroom. Each member of my family, ages 13 to 50, found the 5 minute show entertaining and when the lights came on, admiring the beautiful cathedral ceiling of the ballroom. We wondered aloud to one another about the many passengers who had passed through the station and ballroom during the earlier part of the 20h century.
As my teenagers heads are normally buried in their electronic devices, I was appreciative of the moment.
Recently remodeled, we found our room to be very clean and inviting. The color palette and lighting were very eye appeasing and the historical decor very fitting. The beds were extremely comfortable and, despite the signage that there was construction going on in the hotel, our sleep was quiet and restful. The next morning, we dined in the restaurant where James, our waiter, took great care to ensure we didn't go away hungry and entertained us with his quick wit.
All-in-all, our stay at the Union Station Doubletree Hotel was quite delightful and I would recommended it to business travelers and families alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt