“Hilton at the Ball Park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Hobart, Indiana
“Hilton at the Ball Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We got an awesome room, I have never stayed in St Louis;s Htels that was any better than this one. We had a great room, with the Arc right outside our window, The hotel was just awesome. The staff very friendly, They let me take a tour of the hotel, saw their famous ballroom. If the Cardinals were playing you could see the whole game by sitting in the new bar on the top floor. The food was great.

Room Tip: The room was very comfortable, Hugh, nice chair, besides the desk and table you get in most hotels...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The amenities at this hotel are unmatched by any property in the city. The new 360 roof top bar has become one of the best bars in the city since opening in July. It is a destination point in itself. I am happy that you had the chance to see our Arch View Ballroom. This is an incredible venue for a social event. And, it sounds as if you had a room with a great view as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to St. Louis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Although the staff is very courteous, the rooms are awful, lacking standard amenities (shower cap, please). I would never stay here or at any other Hilton hotel after my stay here. If you need to stay in downtown st. Louis there are far better options with similar rates.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I stayed in their most expensive room and it was very basic.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Runningpenny
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. This property is a great location to come for the baseball fan. However, I must respectfully disagree with your idea about the business traveler. I feel that this hotel is the best hotel in the city for the business traveler. Being able to go to a baseball game for a night out while here for business or on a convention is a bonus amenity to a hotel that is already full of great amenities. I feel that you might have had an issue with a sleeping room. I apologize that you found the room to be basic. This is a convention style hotel. I'm sure that I would be able to find you a room that you would be comfortable in. On a return visit to St. Louis please feel free to contact me to assist you in blocking a room. Although shower caps are no longer a required Hilton amenity we usually have them available upon request. I will look into this and make sure that we have them available if requested. I hope that you would reconsider and give me a chance to assist you with a room in the future.
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I travel primarily for business. Typically I experience lodging properties that are great business hotels or great leisure hotels. Very few are both however. I have found an exception. The Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark -- St. Louis.

Pro's:
Great downtown location close to business and the ballpark (hence the name)
Awesome rooms! Spend the extra money to get a room on the concierge floor.
The concerige lounge on the top floor has great treats and beverages.
Friendly staff.

Con's
None! (That is so unusual for me.)

Most of my lodging choices involve Marriott. If Hilton keeps this up, I may have to be a switch hitter.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars to get a room on the club level.
2 Thank optimusprimeiowa
Thank you so much for the kind review. The hotel offers a lot of nice amenities for the business traveler. This is not just a baseball hotel. I hope to see you again.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Fun Hotel with a great location (next to the St Louis Ballpark). Friendly staff including (Lynette and Melissa at the Front Desk) and Scott (Sales Manager). Incredible penthouse bar/restaurant with excellent food choices.

1 Thank TGallagher-Florida
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The amenities at this property are top teir including our Starbucks, Yo My Goodness yogurt and our new 360 roof top bar. I thank you for pointing out how the associates made a difference in your stay. I will share your comments with Lynette and Scott. I look forward to having you here again.
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Really enjoyed staying the Hilton. It was somewhat of an oasis in the St. Louis downtown (sorry Arch, you have no bar). The staff was super nice. Marilyne was so helpful as far navigating St. Louis and food recommendations at the hotel (get the steak tacos). She even knew all about Coffeescript (it will change the world).

1 Thank mrthdrake
Thank you for the review. Our location in downtown is very central and our amenities within the hotel are very nice. However, the thing that sets a hotel apart is the associates. Thank you for recognizing Marilyne. She is truly an asset to the hotel. And, I agree - get the Steak Taco! We will look for you on your next visit to St. Louis.
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was at a conference here recently, and I had a great time hanging out at the bar. Thanks Marilyne and Matt!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. The associates can make a big difference. Thank you for recognizing the people that made a difference in your stay. I will share your comments with Marilyne and Matt. We look foward to having you as a guest again.
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have stayed at this Hilton before when coming to Cardinals games with my daughter, and I always appreciate the close proximity to the ballpark. On this particular occasion, however, I came with a friend to introduce her to the downtown attractions (Arch, Old Courhouse, Lumiere Casino, The Landing, etc).

The Cardinals were out of town this time, but the hotel was still bustling with energy. I have to say we were impressed with the impression that this hotel and it's new 360 rooftop bar have become a "hot spot" downtown. It's classy, close to all the downtown attractions, and the check-in was fast and professional. Again, the Cardinals were not in town- when they are, check-in's tend to be slower. Also, we were given a room in the West Tower, which was very nice, but the elevators are slow. Expect long waits. Other than that, we had a great time and it's a world-class hotel.

Room Tip: When you check-in, ask for a room in the West Tower. It seems to be more quiet than the East Tower.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank comfortablynumb79
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. The location of this property is the best in St. Louis as you mentioned. There is alot of action here even when the Cardinals are out of town. The new 360 roof top bar is a tremendous addition to the property. Update have been completed on the west tower elevators. I am happy to hear that you used are property to show off St. Louis to newcomers. We hope that you choose us again in the future.