“Perfect location if in town for sports, but beware of the elevators in the main tower.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the baseball stadium and the football stadium. For baseball, it's a block away. If you're in town for football, you have about a six block walk through the safest part of downtown (and lots of walking company from the other football fans).

The best parking is in the garage across the street and 1/2 block away. Make sure to tell the parking attendant you are staying at the Hilton. Daily rate is $17, includes in and out with no extra charge. They also offer valet parking, but it's $24/day.

Checking in was crowded because of both sports teams were playing that weekend, but the front desk was fully staffed so it went quickly. The lobby is large and they have a gas burning fireplace for those cool St. Louis days.

Elevators were a challenge. In the main tower they have 3 small ones, and someone sold them a system designed to carry guests to their floors only. You choose your floor at the control panel outside the elevator and you are directed to elevator A, B, or C. Once inside there are no control buttons. This system is poorly designed and there is always a que of people waiting to get in. It's even worse in the evening when one elevator is dedicated to the rooftop bar and guest only have 2 cars to take them to their rooms. The other tower has larger elevators with standard controls and the lines move quickly.

The Hilton has an executive lounge for beverages, snacks and breakfast, but it's not open 7 days a week. The hotel serves a decent buffet breakfast in the sports lounge area adjacent to the lobby.

It's a safe, convenient location.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. The hotel is at the intersection of two busy streets and lower floors can hear...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I found your review to be accurate and informative for the most part. Our self parking rates are $18 with in and out while our valet is $25 with in and out. The location is very good for all downtown sporting events. We hope that we are your lodging choice on your next visit to St. Louis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

The Hilton at the ballpark is a beautiful property in a beautiful location. The meetings and events staff were wonderful to work with. From the sales process with Mark to the planning process to the execution everything was smooth and professional.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We have excellent facilities for banquets and catering. And, the staff here is great to work with. I will forward your comments to Mark. We look forward to seeing you again.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

We used public transportation to get to the hotel (Metrolink light rail) directly from the airport, and to get around, and the hotel (west tower entrance) is only one block from the stadium stop, so it is pretty convenient to get there and get to the Arch. Hotel is near the downtown mall and you can't beat the location near the landmarks. Our room had a view of Busch Stadium and the west end of the city. Rooms were clean and have nice views. Our bathroom was a little small but clean and sufficient. Beds are comfy and there was enough space in the room for a side chair and small table, desk, etc. beside the TV. Buffet breakfast was included for our rate package and it was fantastic. Much better selection than many other chains and lots of fresh fruit and yogurt, granola, cereal, juices, etc. in addition to the hot dishes like eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles and much more. Kids were happy. We took advantage of the pool, which was a bit strong on the chlorine smell, but it is indoor, which may contribute to that. At least you know it's sanitary. Sauna in the changing room is nice. On check-out we left our bags while we headed to the City Museum and the concierge held our things, no problem. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, especially at the breakfast buffet. All in all, a great property and we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: West-facing rooms in the east tower have a view of the ballpark, some sunset views over the city.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I think that many travelers will appreciate this detailed review. The location cannot be beat downtown. And, I am very happy to hear that the associates made a difference as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Canton, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

It was kind of chaotic getting to the hotel because of the game and Friday rush hour traffic, but once we pulled up, the service was great. $20 valet parking was handy and we would have paid that or more anywhere else. The lobby was packed with people, but there were several hosts to point us through the crowd to the check in desk. Check in was quick and easy.
My only complaint is that their bank of elevators are super slow. For a large capacity hotel, You would think there would be more than three of them. Even worse, the first one was being manned by hotel personnel letting people go up to the cool bar on the top of the hotel. We didn't make it up there because the line was always really long. I would guess it isn't as bad on a non-game day.
The room wasn't anything special, but it was up to date and clean, which is all we needed. The bed was comfy and the view was fantastic looking to the west from room 1815. We could see most of Busch Stadium and a lot of downtown.
It is a quick and easy walk across a parking lot to get to the stadium and lots of other nice downtown areas are close by. There was a lot of good natured ribbing amongst the Cubs and Cards fans and the staff. It was a fun atmosphere.
We had their buffet breakfast on Saturday morning. It had a decent selection and the setting and service was great, but it was $35 for two of us! I get we were downtown and nothing is cheap, but I thought it was pricey. I would skip breakfast and eat at the ballpark or at the Imo's right by the hotel and get some St Louis fare.
Check out was quick and easy and the concierge stuck our luggage away for us while went to the game on Saturday. That process was easy and they were very nice. Getting our car from valet was easy and quick and he gave us easy directions back to I55 to head home.
Overall a great experience and we would do it again whenever the Cubs are in town and we can make the trip!

Room Tip: If you stayed on a lower level, it might not be such a long wait for the elevator or you could find...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for the positive, detailed review. I believe that most guests have an experience similar to yours. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel has some great amenities and the location downtown is perfect. I would like to say more positive comments about you - but I get the feeling that you are a Cubs fan - ha ha. It doesn't matter - we are all baseball fans. Please stop by to introduce yourself on your next visit to St. Louis. I look forward to meeting you.
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We got an awesome room, I have never stayed in St Louis;s Htels that was any better than this one. We had a great room, with the Arc right outside our window, The hotel was just awesome. The staff very friendly, They let me take a tour of the hotel, saw their famous ballroom. If the Cardinals were playing you could see the whole game by sitting in the new bar on the top floor. The food was great.

Room Tip: The room was very comfortable, Hugh, nice chair, besides the desk and table you get in most hotels...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The amenities at this hotel are unmatched by any property in the city. The new 360 roof top bar has become one of the best bars in the city since opening in July. It is a destination point in itself. I am happy that you had the chance to see our Arch View Ballroom. This is an incredible venue for a social event. And, it sounds as if you had a room with a great view as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to St. Louis.
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Although the staff is very courteous, the rooms are awful, lacking standard amenities (shower cap, please). I would never stay here or at any other Hilton hotel after my stay here. If you need to stay in downtown st. Louis there are far better options with similar rates.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I stayed in their most expensive room and it was very basic.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Runningpenny
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. This property is a great location to come for the baseball fan. However, I must respectfully disagree with your idea about the business traveler. I feel that this hotel is the best hotel in the city for the business traveler. Being able to go to a baseball game for a night out while here for business or on a convention is a bonus amenity to a hotel that is already full of great amenities. I feel that you might have had an issue with a sleeping room. I apologize that you found the room to be basic. This is a convention style hotel. I'm sure that I would be able to find you a room that you would be comfortable in. On a return visit to St. Louis please feel free to contact me to assist you in blocking a room. Although shower caps are no longer a required Hilton amenity we usually have them available upon request. I will look into this and make sure that we have them available if requested. I hope that you would reconsider and give me a chance to assist you with a room in the future.
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I travel primarily for business. Typically I experience lodging properties that are great business hotels or great leisure hotels. Very few are both however. I have found an exception. The Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark -- St. Louis.

Pro's:
Great downtown location close to business and the ballpark (hence the name)
Awesome rooms! Spend the extra money to get a room on the concierge floor.
The concerige lounge on the top floor has great treats and beverages.
Friendly staff.

Con's
None! (That is so unusual for me.)

Most of my lodging choices involve Marriott. If Hilton keeps this up, I may have to be a switch hitter.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars to get a room on the club level.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank optimusprimeiowa
Thank you so much for the kind review. The hotel offers a lot of nice amenities for the business traveler. This is not just a baseball hotel. I hope to see you again.