“Hilton at the Ballpark is Well Named”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Memphis, Tennessee
“Hilton at the Ballpark is Well Named”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

A very nice hotel, even by Hilton standards. The hotel is across the street from Bush Stadium and the hotel has a baseball flavor. Many wall decorations are Cardinals baseball orientated, very interesting for a baseball fan. Service was outstanding, starting with Joey Chismon and Nick Medina at the front desk.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of downtown and the arch.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate all guest reviews and we certainly love it when our guests mention our amazing teammates by name for their service. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
the Midwest
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I used Hotwire hoping to get the Marriott Union Station but got this one instead. Great bargain at $60/night. Factor in an additional $25 per night for valet parking or ($18) for self-parking, but it was still an economical stay. I liked the hotel but had a problem with food options.

First, the stay:

The expansive, elegant atmosphere of the lobby was pleasing, and Nick at the front desk gave me a remarkably warm welcome. The guest room was decorated in an attractive modern theme and night views looking west from the high floors of the west tower were stunning. I appreciated the excellent lighting in the bathroom which was great for putting on makeup. The whole hotel was clean, spacious and attractive. The bar on the top floor offered a outstanding view of the Arch, which gleamed beautifully from reflected lights of the city. The bar itself was too boisterous, crowded and noisy for me to linger, though.

The restaurant:

I got the feeling that this hotel's food service was planned for the stereotypical sports-fan carnivore. It was unfortunate that they have no plant-based protein options, like bean soups or dishes. The hotel's restaurant offers only five choices designated as "Hilton Eat Right" options, and one of them can be disqualified right away, being steak & french fries. It's heart attack food, and it's expensive too. I paid $22 for a few mouthfuls of dry iceberg lettuce, after I'd declined the dressing and pushed all the meat and cheese off of the Cobb salad. And if you want a roll with that, you have to pay even more. I was kicking myself for not packing some nuts and bagels, apples, anything. My stomach was literally cramping with hunger and I was not a happy camper.

So, plan your food strategy before you leave on your trip to the Hilton Ballpark. In winter, it gets dark at around 5pm and the streets of downtown St. Louis become deserted except for the homeless and panhandlers. There are not many restaurants around, and those that are nearby seem to be pricey steak and seafood places. I took a look at the neighborhood and decided it was not safe for a woman to walk alone 4 blocks to the Bamboo Bistro (the only vegetarian bet in the vicinity) at 5:30pm. I was stuck! I wish I had known at the time that the overnight valet parking fee allows "in and out" privileges and I would not have been charged to take my car out. I could have driven to the Bamboo Bistro, probably.

Tip to the Hilton:

Please consider adding a vegan black bean soup with whole grain roll to your menu. The cost of ingredients will be minimal and it will greatly please those guests who want something light, inexpensive and healthy. Thanks.

Room Tip: West tower rooms looking west offer sunset views. I think a view toward the ballpark would be borin...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have shared your feedback and with our Director of Food and Beverage, as well as the Executive Chef. While we're glad you seemed to enjoy your stay, we're sorry that you did not find the menu selections to your liking! We're certainly going to review this and, again, we appreciate your constructive thoughts! We do hope that if you're back in the area that you will stay with us again and give us another opportunity to serve you!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton at the Ballpark, and what a great exerience. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I stay at hotels several nights per month. As with most Hilton brands, the cleanliness of this hotel was great! However, what set this stay above and beyond many of my recent stays was the friendliness of the staff. From the time I pulled up to the door to the time I left, everyone was helpful and friendly. Two people especially that I would like to thank for making my stay memerable are Joey C. at the front desk, and Lawrence at the shoe shine station. Thanks for helping make my stay a great one!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate our guests' feedback and we especially love it when guests point out the extraordinary service of our Star Performers! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The trip was really wonderful. The service was great and the staff was all really friendly. The guy at the front desk, Joey Chrisman, was absolutly great, helping out with everything. He not only made sure I was taken care of, but also my colleague coming ln later. Will recommend the hotel to everyone and certainly come back.

Room Tip: Try for a room as high as possible..great views.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We love feedback from our guests and we especially like it when our Star Performers are noted for their exemplary service! Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Although the housekeeping left a lot to be desired, the very best part of the stay was a man by the name of Vincent and a woman by the name of LaTosha who worked the executive concierge on the 22nd floor. Hospitable, welcoming, inviting, and caring is how I would describe them. They did whatever necessary to make your dining experience a great one. Those two very helpful people are the reason why I rate this stay a "very good." My church family and I truly want to say that we appreciated them throughout our long stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recent stay with us for the Church of God in Christ Convocation. We love having your group with us every year and we look forward to 2013! As for the Housekeeping issues, I have forwarded your comments on to the appropriate members of our team and we always use these review to make our hotel better! As for the rest of your review, thank you so much for singling out a couple of our Star Performers! LaTosha and Vincent are fantastic teammates and we appreciate you mentioning their extraordinary service! Thank you again for your time and we hope see you again next year!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My family had a wonderful time at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark! When we arrived a nice gentleman named John Billop began talking to my boys about football and how their teams did this season. John Billop then told my boys hold on I have a football I would like to give you. He came back from his locker with a football and gave it to my boys! He was such a nice man to give away something that belonged to him. My boys were so happy! We will go back because our experience was so good!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our hotel! What a wonderful example of the amazing teammates we have here at this hotel and we are very grateful that you shared that story about John, one of our Star Performers! That's the kind of service that makes Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark so special! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stanberry, Missouri
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The Hilton did a great job of assisting our team when we stayed the night before our state championship football game. Stephanie Cortivo went out of her way to make arrangements for our team to use a meeting room for a team meal and meeting. Additionally, check in went very smooth for our 30 rooms that we used. The room had a great view and my bed was very comfortable, my only regret is that we only had one night to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay with us! And Congratulations on winning the State Championship. That alone would have made your trip an excellent one, but it's wonderful to hear that your stay here helped make the weekend even better! Stephanie is a wonderful Star Performer and we are glad that you were pleased with her attention to detail! We hope to see you back again next year with an opportunity to repeat your wonderful achievement! Congratulations, and we hope to see you again soon!