“Very nice property with clean modern rooms”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Manlius, New York
“Very nice property with clean modern rooms”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very nice property with clean modern rooms, plenty of conference space, good bar and restaurant, excellent rooftop bar. Perfect location to the baseball stadium and to the St Louis Archway and Museums. The only problematic issue is with the elevator system, which is brand new and works find as long as there are only a few people trying to use it. When people start lining up in big numbers (i.e., after conferences let out or at the end of a baseball game), the system grinds to a halt. We’ve never seen anything like it. There were people waiting 20 minutes or more to go upstairs to their rooms! That being said, overall this is a good hotel and we’d stay there again on our next trip to St Louis.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are aware that with the popularity of this hotel and 360 Rooftop Bar, there are periodic delays. We do our best to minimize the impact and always strive to give our guests the best experience possible. Again, we do apologize for the delays and hope to see you again in the very near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went for the weekend to see a football game at the Edward Jones Dome. This was a great location. Easy walk to and from the dome even in the cold. We were not the only out of town fans who had this idea, and the place was filled with like minded supporters. Clearly this added to the enjoyment. In spite of a large crowd the check in was fast and efficient. Abbie checked us in and was both cheerful and efficient. Our room was large clean and comfortable. I had read the reviews about the unventilated bathrooms, and while this is true, we had no problems with it. The bar/ pizza place on the main floor was a great place for a drink and a bite to eat. We ate one evening in the restaurant on the 26th floor. The view was great and they had a nice outside area with pseudo fire pits, however I liked the food menu downstairs better. Still this was a nice place for a drink and again a good view of the city. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. As busy as it was pre football game we were able to get seated and enjoyed our breakfast. The one thing about the hotel we did not like was the elevator system. We did not have long waits or long lines as reported in other reviews. What we did not like was that there were no floor selection buttons inside the elevator car itself. Now the system ran fine, but almost everyone we talked to or overheard on the elevator expressed their discomfort with it. Bottom line; were we to return to St. Louis for a game at the dome or the ballpark, we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review of our hotel! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark for a teacher convention recently. Very clean, courteous staff, good restaurants. The room was $139 a night with the kind of service and atmosphere I have paid $400 a night in other cities. We had a 10th floor room that overlooked a city park. The second night we were there was the lighting of the Christmas tree lights in the city, accompanied by fireworks in the park. What a view of the fireworks from our room on Floor 10 ! The elevators are a bit unusual, but they work okay. This hotel must be a favorite of fans of visiting pro sports teams. The Chicago Bears fans showed up in mass on Saturday, as did TV sports crews filming the Sunday afternoon NFL game.

Room Tip: We liked the tenth floor and could see the St. Louis arch from our room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I checked in this past Monday 18th for a business trip and upon arriving Amber greeted me at the front desk and checked me in. I told her that if it was possible to be on the same floor as my friend and colleague. She put us in in rooms adjacent to each other which made it a lot easier to make plans during our trip. Amber also provided us with breakfast buffet passes for the duration of our stay. 2 weeks before I had to stay there for another business trip and I realized I forgot my toiletries and they provided them for me at no extra charge. The people in the front desk are not pretentious at all, they carry themselves like professionals. I probably wont have to go back to St Louis for a while and I can tell you I am going to miss staying at this place.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room facing the ball park because you can sit by your window and watch a game i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your glowing review! We appreciate your business and we are grateful that you took the time to single out Amber for her exemplary service! We are very proud of our team and we love it when their efforts are recognized. We hope to see you again soon!
Pisa
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel. Rooms were outdated and water wouldn't drain from the sink and toilet. Elevators took on average 10 minutes to get to you. Unfriendly staff on the phone when I called for service/questions about surrounding restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We are sorry that you were not pleased with your experience. That is not typical of how our guests feel when they take leave of us. We strive to make each and every stay perfect and we're sorry that we did not do that for you! We do hope you'll come back and give us another opportunity to show you why we've been the #1 hotel in downtown for the past 6 years. Thank you again for your review.
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Mr. Devon Sullivan is the BEST manager I've ever met!

I checked in late last Wednesday after a whole day traveling to St. Louis for a conference. I requested a quiet room when I checked in, but I was put to the rooms either close to the elevator or the ice-machine or the room where the heating system was very loud in the East tower. I requested to change my room several times, but none of them was satisfactory, and the night-time manager did not care at all. The next morning, I talked to a morning manger, but he was rude and was not willing to help either. I was very disappointed and couldn't believe I was in Hilton, which was supposed to be a high-quality hotel! I asked to see his supervisor. Then, I got the chance to meet with Devon Sullivan, the BEST manager. Devon cared for his guests and he was so kind. After learning my bad experience the night before, he moved me to a very quiet room in the West tower. He actually showed me several different rooms and let me pick the one that I'm happy with. Devon also checked with me on a daily basis to make sure I enjoyed my staying at Hilton. Because of him, I was able to attend and present at the conference without worrying about my staying at the hotel.

Devon totally changed my view toward Hilton. He is genuine, kind, generous, considerate, and he cares. He is the kind of manager that Hilton really needs! He sets the model for being a good manager. Devon is the BEST!!

Room Tip: If you have a problem with your room, see Mr. Devon Sullivan! He will help you!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We do apologize that you encountered some trouble spots along the way and I'm sure Devon has addressed those. But we're certainly pleased that Devon turned things around for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It comes as no surprise that you got that level of service from Devon...he's a true Star Performer and we're proud to have him on our team! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very clean, well staffed hotel. Beautiful views of the Arch and Busch Stadium! Staff very friendly and helpful. Food at both restaurants was excellent. Free Breakfast was hot and well stocked. Would highly recommend for couples or family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you were able to enjoy the free breakfast in our Concierge Lounge. HHonors members and guests who choose the Executive Level floors are always stunned by the remarkable selection of food that we provide. We do appreciate your comments and we hope you'll come visit us again soon!