“Mid-Week Baseball Games”

Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived late on a Monday night and checked out very early on Thursday morning. The lobby is awesome and the whole hotel is covered in baseball pictures; so I was in heaven as I am a huge Cardinals fan. The staff from top to bottom were great, very friendly and very helpful. We stayed in the west tower in a room with the stadium view; and an awesome view it is. We stayed in an executive king room and got to enjoy the executive lounge. The people in there were super nice and helpful and the food was great as was the view of the Arch eating my food. The room is above average and yes the bathroom is small; but hey how big do you need it for one person at a time. I have stayed in better; but have stayed in a lot worse, too many really. A lot of good restaurants real close in Ball Park Village and a host of others. Just a short walk to the stadium and to the MetroLink Station that takes you all over St. Louis. I did not use them; but both of the bars looked nice; one on top of the East Tower with really good views. I would stay here again in a minute. We enjoyed our stay and the Staff helped us do that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the West Tower so you are not dealing with all the people going up and down to the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Devon S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out a response. We enjoyed being your host and look forward to being able to do so once again in the not to distant future. In the meantime please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can assist with in regards to this or any future stays.

Devon Sullivan
Assistant General Manager
Dsullivan@hiltonstlouis.com

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Where do I begin! I guess I can start with checking in to the hotel and being given a room on the 21st floor of the East tower. After waiting in the long line at the elevator with our bags in tow, we get to our room only to find neither key works. I returned to the lobby where the attendant at the desk talked rudely to me about having my key near my cell phone or something? I literally checked in and walked to the elevator, up to my room with keys in my hand! We finally got into our room and were disgusted by the filth. I only took one picture which I will post here but the room was horrible. Not near what you would expect from a Hilton. Skipping forward now to checkout. We were told we would have to pay the hotel $20 for a parking pass to exit the parking garage across from the ballpark. We explained to them that we DID not need a pass from them as we had already paid cash at the parking garage before ever checking in to the hotel. However, they insisted we would not be able to exit without paying them. Of course we get to the parking garage and were told our green ticket we had was all we needed. I have e-mailed the Hilton twice about a refund but have not received a single reply. Take my advice, stay ANYWHERE but this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Devon S, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I apologize for your experience during your stay. We certainly failed in several areas. Please contact me at the hotel so I can personally ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Not a good time at check in. Killed the whole experience. Front desk rep needs a upgrade in hospitality and customer service. Bathrooms in rooms small. Hotel needs a total upgrade too.
Dirty elevators

Room Tip: Make sure staff at night are top notch before check in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn K

I am sorry for your experience. I would love to speak with you personally to address your concerns and learn a little more about your stay. Please contact me at the information below.

Devon Sullivan
Assistant General Manager
314-330-5217
Dsullivan@hiltonstlouis.con

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very out dated. I stayed in east tower. Ventilation in room was awful. The bathroom layout is horrible. The big door swings into the bathroom and it barely fits. Furniture is like my grand mothers house. The lobby is all hip but the rooms are not even close to the look of the lobby. This property is not up to the standards you expect from hilton.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richandmark
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Richandmark,
I was disappointed to hear your stay was not up to your expectations.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
The east and west towers of the hotel do have different decor-styles.
The east has a more traditional hotel style while the west has the more modern stlye.
On your next trip to St. Louis, please contact myself so I can assist you with assigning a room in the west tower which may better meet your decor expectations. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

unless you are going to a baseball game. Average rooms. Average amenities. ....and the elevators absolutely suck! I have never waited so long for elevators any time day or night! Just the pits! Staff attempted to be helpful but it's hard to overcome average. The 360 bar is 'hopping' after the ball games!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rhpatt29

Dear rhpatt29,
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel staff and 360 bar.
If you have a moment I would appreciate speaking with you further about the average apects of your stay so we can improve those areas. We have had alot of compliments about our hotel amenities from other guests. We do value your business and hope to serve you again on your next visit to St. Louis.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great location and view, with a killer bar on the top floor. Rght by the ball park and the Arch, what more could you ask for. I think my stay was very comfortable. I will recommend it if you are visiting ABI.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear JassirA,

I appreciate you taking the time to compliment our location and rooftop bar!
Those are just two of many amenities we offer our guests.
Your comfort is our priority, we look forward to serving you again in the future. :)
Thank you!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in the girl was a total snot. We reserved a 380 dollar room which we did " free with points" and we acted like we were total trash. So we get into our 380 dollar room and I will tell you motel 6 is sooo much cleaner and bigger.This Hilton at the Ballpark is filthy.. So we get our luggage in our room and I forgot a bag so my husband went to the valet parking garage and they backed my suburban into a wall.. Didn't even notify us, I'm glad my husband just happened to notice it's backed all the way up into the wall. So they fill out a report.. Was told there insurance company would call us Monday which they better cause I'm pissed!! We will never stay here again.. Which this is our usual place to stay when we go to the game but after waking up the next day I noticed thee was food on the sheets we didn't eat in the room so all sorts of thoughts are going through my head, I told my husband let's get the hell out of this place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1valen

Dear 1valen,

Thank you for sharing your experience while our guest. I would only ask you to contact myself so we could discuss further some of your concerns so we can improve our service in the future.
We have had many satisfied guests compliment the hotel about their experience here. I know if given an other opportunity on your next visit to St Louis, you could experience a more positive stay also.
Looking forward to speaking with you.