“Great Hotel in Downtown STL”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed by this hotel. It is in an awesome location. The arch, ballpark and anything you would want to do downtown is within walking distance. The lobby is very spacious and impressive, as is the rooftop bar. The rooftop bar is beautiful and has amazing views of the city. The only thing I will say is that the rooms were slightly outdated (but I feel this way about most Hiltons). Will definitely stay here again when I return to St. Louis.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jayson P, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Jordan G,

Thanks for sharing your positive experience and taking the time to do so. I agree! You can't beat the location and everything St Louis has to offer. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Have a great Holiday weekend!

Jayson

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I bought this hotel through hotwire and it probably saved me over half. The lobby is beautiful and the check-in staff was very nice. The elevators are pretty bad. If you stay in the hotel you have to go down to the lobby to go up to the rooftop bar. You have to stand in line and then wait until they let you up. The elevators are horrible. At night, you might wait like 10-20 minutes to get up to your room which is horrible. The housekeeping staff is incredibly loud. They leave the lock in the door so the door will bang all morning while they clean. The views are nice, but the rooms are outdated. The bathroom is horribly small. You can't even move around the bathroom without closing and opening the door multiple times. For the hotwire prices, I'd stay here, but would never pay the full price for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear NoahPhD,

I am glad to see you got a great deal through Hotwire and got to stay with us. Thanks for the comments on the lobby and staff. As far as your experience with the elevators and the small bathroom, we are looking for ways to improve both areas. The bathrooms were built in the 70's and we are looking at options to have the door swing out instead of in. Regarding the elevators, we are looking at options to reduce delay times during heavy usuage. Thanks again and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Jayson Pollard

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place used to be a good hotel. Its went backwards from what it used to be. The room controllers for th elevators are a joke. Waited 45 mins on the 21st floor to go downstairs. It got so bad that they started sending people down the service elevators. The breakfast was bad. Pancakes was stale, eggs was soggy and not good. During my stay, valet lost my car keys and finally found them an hour later where they had left them in a previous car. Staff doesnt seem to care that much. The lady at the front desk, just handled me the bill and said, "here you go". Not what I expect out a hilton propery.

Room Tip: Stay away from the east tower. Stay in the west tower.

Dear whittyblue,

I am sorry hear that you experienced all that while you stayed with us. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in detail. If you would like, please email me at jpollard@hiltonstlouis.com. We strive for perfection and we clearly missed it in several areas. Thanks and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Jayson Pollard

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I spend five nights at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, and found it to be a great hotel for the price that I paid through Priceline! After reading the reviews about the elevator issues, I'm glad that my room was in the west tower. The rooftop bar opens at 4 PM, so in the afternoons and evenings there is an employee who directs the guests to one of three elevators in the east tower, and it seems to be a constant flow. There are three elevators for the west tower as well, and I never waited more than a minute for one to access my room on the tenth floor.

The room was very pleasant and I had a great view of the Old Courthouse and the Arch. The room was immaculately cleaned daily, quiet and very comfortable. Great AC, nice shower & comfortable bed - three things I always appreciate in a hotel.

There are a number of places to eat within the hotel and within a few blocks of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and the lobby was very comfortable and inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for the west tower if you don't want to deal with the elevator issues.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location if going to a St. Louis Cardinals game or hanging out downtown. Staff is friendly and the breakfast as a diamond member is great. However, this hotel has two negative features. As many people have stated before this hotel "west tower" must have very thin walls we could hear everything that went on in the room next to us and hallway. The rooms were nice and clean but it is time for an upgrade and a refurbishment, rooms and beds are small. Due to the 360 bar at the top the hotel is also very crowded with non hotel guest.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This would better reviewed as a bar than a hotel as it is set up as a nightclub for game goers. You can buy beer and drinks almost anywhere, I am surprised the valet guys don't hand you a cold one when you get out of the car... the "elevator controllers" are basically bouncers who let you go up when and if they want you to. And don't try to go up at 10:40----they won't let you because the bar/restaurant/look outlook closes at 11!
The front desk treats you like a hostess also, never mind if you would happen to have a question or two.
But it is as advertised, a hotel at a ballpark that caters to the fan and their appetite to drink.
Rooms are small, double beds not queens, slow elevators and no frills. Long lines for everything. If you call for something (we had no toilet paper on arrival.... better find your own, cuz it could be a while. Our safe was also locked when we arrived, and no one ever came to open it, although you had to be in the room for them to do it, and they never came within an hour after we called.... didn't really need it, but shows their lack of response. Would try elsewhere for the next trip to St Louie, and stay a block or two farther away, because it is not worth the $$ and service to be any closer.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is THE SPOT to stay if visiting the ballpark especially with your kids. We are Diamond and were DEFINITELY recognized when we checked in. Does not always happen so when it does it is Nice. Our room on the 14th floor had amazing views of the park!