“Bitter taste...”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is very well situated, downtown, close to the Bush stadium. Rooms are clean, large and confortable, view from top room is amazing!
But.....
Where there is a base ball, this place is not easy:
- Valet parking is full
- Queue to go up your room (15 minutes before getting in the lift!) (which can be annoying when you are at the 21st floor and that when, you arrive in front of your room door, your room door does not work!)
- no TV remote control
Staff is very professional but sometimes, would worth to be more "friendly", more personnal.
So great hotel, great location, pro staff, but some details that makes it below normal Hilton standards

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank seb8975

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Cannot stop raving about this hotel.

Reservation:
I reserved my room on the Hilton webpage and got a steal of a rate, still surprised at that.

Check-In:
No problems with check in. Staff were very efficient and cordial.

The Room:
Very well maintained, clean. No stains or bugs to be found. Partial view of Busch Stadium, which was cool.

Cleanliness:
Cleaning staff were a tad eager to get started on the room right at 10am. I am one of those who believe in holding off on bothering guests until they've checked out. However, I neglected to put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, so it's my fault.

Service:
Absolutely no issues with service. Everyone I met was smiling and asking how they could help me.

Location:
In town for the Cards? Not a better location. Walking distance to the Stadium.

Cons:
-Valet was full
-Front desk said $30 per night for accidentals on the CC. I had two rooms, so $60, right? Not so much. A charge of $128 was put on the cr

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Even if you have no desire to see a baseball game, this should be a line on your bucket list. The center of everything that is St. Louis. Walking distance to anything you really want to see. Very personable staff and very good quality and very clean. Be an Honors member and it will take you anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The pool was broken and that is the main reason why I chose this hotel. However, the other reason I chose this hotel was because it was close to Busch Stadium, therefore we were able to walk to the City Garden and let our children enjoy the splash park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot get a better location, especially if you are here to watch the Cardinals. It is also close to everything downtown. The hotel itself is superb. Has everything you need and the 360 bar is worth a visit. My room was fantastic, lots of space and very clean. I won't even think of staying anywhere else when I come back in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us while you were in town. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you, again for taking the time to share your review!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The good things about the hotel are first and foremost the location,which can't be beat. The hotel also has good people working there. Our bellman, Alonzo, was wonderful. The view of the Arch from our room was incredible. We are not sorry we stayed at the hotel because we went to the Arch and to a Cardinal's game and, as I said, the location couldn't have been better. I am wondering, however, if the Hilton's prime location causes them not to care about other things. The hotel was sort of old and rundown. There was dated wallpaper in our room, the curtain on the window was falling off at the end of the rod, there were tiles crumbling off from the ceiling in the shower, and the luggage rack was falling apart and my husband had to screw it back together. There was only one cup for the coffee in the room, and the next day when I asked for a second cup, the hotel maid felt the need to write it down (aren't two cups sort of a given?) We had very little toilet paper in our room and we ran out and fortunately we had some with us. The elevators are ridiculous. Someone has to stand there and push the computer button for you and direct you to the correct elevator. There are only three elevators for this huge hotel. After the Cardinal's game, we couldn't even get to our room. They told me that I wouldn't be charged for the Internet since I am a Hilton Honors member, but when I got the bill, I had to call to have them remove the charge. I got the new bill and they had removed the charge for one day, but not the second day. Again I had to call. They did remove the charge and were very nice about it. The hotel is SUPER noisy. I had to sleep with earplugs both nights and we were on the 21st floor! The noise was so bad that I felt like the bar downstairs and the cars and motorcycles racing around were right outside the window. If we ever return to St. Louis we will not stay at this hotel. I saw a Hyatt nearby and I would check into that property if I ever go back.

Room Tip: I have no idea! If I did, I would have used it myself.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria L

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. First and foremost, we do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. Secondly, we do hope you addressed some of your concerns while you were here so that we could address them...particularly about the curtain rods, ceiling tiles, etc. You couldn't be more right about those issues - they are basic and expected and we're sorry that we failed in that regard. Concerning the elevators, we are actually addressing that situation with the elevator manufacturer and hope to have a more workable solution soon. The system can be confusing to first time users and we do feel the system could and should be more efficient than it currently is, so we hope to have that resolved soon. For so many reasons, we have been the #1 hotel in downtown St. Louis for over 6 years and we do hope you'll give us another chance. We have the best location and staff in the city and we hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staff was very helpful, very clean and great location to the Busch stadium. The rooms were very clean and staff went out of their way to help you. The restaurant on top of the building, the 360, had great food not to mention the view was beautiful!! Plus, the Cardinals won..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while you were in St. Louis and we do hope you will come back and see us again soon! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us!