“Should be on your Bucket List”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Carrier Mills, Illinois
“Should be on your Bucket List”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Even if you have no desire to see a baseball game, this should be a line on your bucket list. The center of everything that is St. Louis. Walking distance to anything you really want to see. Very personable staff and very good quality and very clean. Be an Honors member and it will take you anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marion, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The pool was broken and that is the main reason why I chose this hotel. However, the other reason I chose this hotel was because it was close to Busch Stadium, therefore we were able to walk to the City Garden and let our children enjoy the splash park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot get a better location, especially if you are here to watch the Cardinals. It is also close to everything downtown. The hotel itself is superb. Has everything you need and the 360 bar is worth a visit. My room was fantastic, lots of space and very clean. I won't even think of staying anywhere else when I come back in the future.

Stayed July 2014
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us while you were in town. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you, again for taking the time to share your review!
Monterey, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The good things about the hotel are first and foremost the location,which can't be beat. The hotel also has good people working there. Our bellman, Alonzo, was wonderful. The view of the Arch from our room was incredible. We are not sorry we stayed at the hotel because we went to the Arch and to a Cardinal's game and, as I said, the location couldn't have been better. I am wondering, however, if the Hilton's prime location causes them not to care about other things. The hotel was sort of old and rundown. There was dated wallpaper in our room, the curtain on the window was falling off at the end of the rod, there were tiles crumbling off from the ceiling in the shower, and the luggage rack was falling apart and my husband had to screw it back together. There was only one cup for the coffee in the room, and the next day when I asked for a second cup, the hotel maid felt the need to write it down (aren't two cups sort of a given?) We had very little toilet paper in our room and we ran out and fortunately we had some with us. The elevators are ridiculous. Someone has to stand there and push the computer button for you and direct you to the correct elevator. There are only three elevators for this huge hotel. After the Cardinal's game, we couldn't even get to our room. They told me that I wouldn't be charged for the Internet since I am a Hilton Honors member, but when I got the bill, I had to call to have them remove the charge. I got the new bill and they had removed the charge for one day, but not the second day. Again I had to call. They did remove the charge and were very nice about it. The hotel is SUPER noisy. I had to sleep with earplugs both nights and we were on the 21st floor! The noise was so bad that I felt like the bar downstairs and the cars and motorcycles racing around were right outside the window. If we ever return to St. Louis we will not stay at this hotel. I saw a Hyatt nearby and I would check into that property if I ever go back.

Room Tip: I have no idea! If I did, I would have used it myself.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria L
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. First and foremost, we do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. Secondly, we do hope you addressed some of your concerns while you were here so that we could address them...particularly about the curtain rods, ceiling tiles, etc. You couldn't be more right about those issues - they are basic and expected and we're sorry that we failed in that regard. Concerning the elevators, we are actually addressing that situation with the elevator manufacturer and hope to have a more workable solution soon. The system can be confusing to first time users and we do feel the system could and should be more efficient than it currently is, so we hope to have that resolved soon. For so many reasons, we have been the #1 hotel in downtown St. Louis for over 6 years and we do hope you'll give us another chance. We have the best location and staff in the city and we hope we'll see you again soon!
Batesville, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staff was very helpful, very clean and great location to the Busch stadium. The rooms were very clean and staff went out of their way to help you. The restaurant on top of the building, the 360, had great food not to mention the view was beautiful!! Plus, the Cardinals won..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while you were in St. Louis and we do hope you will come back and see us again soon! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us!
Linn, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to be close to some family and go to the Cardinals game. We tried to check in early & could not. The other family with us got a room but we were told to
Come back in an hour. We waited until after the game (4 hours later) and still had to wait. I realize we were not Gold or Diamond Honors members but we still paid. They made us feel not so important even though we paid a very nice price to stay there. The elevators were crazy - we stayed in the West tower had still had a long wait. I have never seen elevator bouncers before! The elevator line was out of control. Our room was stuffy and stayed stuffy all night - not sure how hot it would have been on a regular humid Missouri day. The temperature was quite cool when we were there. We set the thermostat low but it never cooled down. We came back for yogurt after dinner to the little shop in the lobby. The usual workers must have been gone. A gentleman in a suit rang up our orders. He really was not sure how to take care of things as they were out of chocolate syrup but he said the white syrup would have to work. We got our order and went on. He was not concerned about helping us. Even though we had nonce in our party. We called for extra towels when we got to the room. We had two adults and three kids and two towels. It was 10pm and the towels arrived at 11:45pm after almost everyone was asleep. I had called to check and they said they were coming. No apology but they did arrive. If this was a cheap economy hotel I might not be upset but we paid a nice amount to stay at the Hilton. I was highly disappointed that the staff was not courteous- they all said how busy they were and the accommodations were not what I would consider Hilton worthy. I may need to reconsider what Hilton worthy is. The hotel is very close to the ball park but not worth the cost or poor service that you receive. I had hoped it would be better.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lorie W
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on being the #1 hotel in St. Louis, as we have been for the past 6 years, but we definitely did not live up to that billing with your stay and we do apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Our staff members are what us so special and it's really surprising and disappointing that, above all else, that is where we failed to meet your expectations. We assure you that we do care and we are grateful for your business and we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to prove why we've been #1 for so long. Thank you again for your review. We do appreciate the feedback!
Chicago
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a baseball trip, my first to St. Louis. The hotel served our needs ideally.

The good: The location. Walking distance to the ballpark, the Old Courthouse, and the Gateway Arch. Also, check-in gets big points here. Quick and professional, despite being busy. Also, the spaciousness of the room, and the efficient temperature control. The view (for which we paid extra) was also a plus. And the place was crawling with personnel, ready to point us in the right direction in case we got turned around, or to just say hi.

The bad: In my room, I couldn't completely open the bathroom door, because it was blocked by the toilet. And the shower head was loose. I expect better from a Hilton.

The 21st century stuff: No buttons inside the elevator. You press your floor in the hallway, while you're waiting. A voice tells you which car to take, and it goes only to the designated floor or floors assigned. Interesting, and I think practical, but it took some getting used to. Also, no hotel bill under the door on the morning of checkout. They emailed it to me. Makes sense.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize that we didn't quite live up to all of your expectations, but we hope to see you back again to wow you with our team members and the service we strive to provide. Thank you again for your review!