“Great location, excellent staff”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Olney, Illinois, United States
“Great location, excellent staff”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Loved the location, within easy walking distance of the ballpark, convention center and the arch. Great friendly staff. Was under impression parking was free but had $20 a day tacked on to the bill at the end plus another $20 when I left the garage because it was after 2:00 when I left.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Thank you for the review. I agree that the location and the staff are excellent. The self parking garage across the street can charge up to $25 or more a night, but if you are a hotel guest make sure to get an in-and-out pass at the front desk for $20 per night. This is good until 2pm the date of departure. If you are staying past 2pm figure on about $3 an hour additional. If you decide to valet park you can stay in the garage until 4pm without any additiional charges.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location, but if you go north on Broadway or 4th a block or two you get a much better stay!!!
This Hilton is directly across the street from the Ballpark Village, which means crowds and noise and a long line to wait to get onto the elevator to your room after the game....
imagine if you aren't interested in the game?
The rooms need updating and there is just nothing special about the hotel.
The 360 bar on the roof is very expensive and seems to be "cliquey"... not characteristic of St. Louis!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I thought the pictures you added were nice. While Ballpark Village created some noise issues earlier in the summer, they have become great neighbors and we have not had a noise issue from them in months.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is a high-rise building located in downtown St Louis, immediately opposite the Ballpark and close to the Gateway Arch. Our room was reasonable in size and well-kept, with a great view over the arch, but otherwise not exceptional. Service was generally very good and courteous, with one slight lapse balanced by good work elsewhere. WiFi was free and very fast.

The hotel is clearly - and naturally - very popular with Cardinals fans. The downside of this is that they party after the game and come back to their rooms in the small hours rather noisily. We also noted that the various spillages in the lifts had not been cleaned until well into the next morning. So while I'd certainly use this hotel again if I were a baseball fan, since I'm not, I'd perhaps explore the alternatives.

Room Tip: Go high for the view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the TripAdvisor review. You mentioned some very nice things about the hotel. I agree with you that the hotel and the staff are excellent. On a weekend night there is alot of action here. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I wanted a room close to the ballpark so I wouldn't have to deal with cabs and game day traffic. Well, I got that and that's about it as far as the room goes. The rooms need a facelift, the bathrooms are tiny and the elevator system is convoluted at best ( only 3 elevators to service 26 floors ).

On the upside, the staff is professional, helpful and very nice. Thanks Katherine, Dale, Nicole and the Market St. Cafe Manager ( sorry, I didn't get your name ) for making my visits to the restaurant so pleasant. Katherine, Dale and Nicole introduced themselves and then asked my name. They all called me by name while waiting on me and Dale remembered me by name the second morning. Thanks guys!

I only had breakfast in the hotel two mornings, but the buffet was hot, fresh and provided most anything you might want for breakfast including a made to order omelet station. You still have the option to order off the menu.

Anyway, if you want a clean room and a place to shower close to the ballpark, I would recommend the Hilton at the ballpark, just ask for a lower floor because a 2am fire alarm sent me hoofing down 24 floors! Not so much fun!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim M
Thank you for the review. One of the most important things in a hotel are the people. You mentioned some great examples of hospitality. I will share your remarks with the restaurant team. Thanks again for pointing out the associates that made a difference for you. I hope that you will visit us again.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The only reason I'd stay here again is the location. Being able to walk to the cardinals game was awesome. 45 minutes after we checked in, our room wasn't even ready so they gave us a different one. When we got in the room, there was no refrigerator, a piece of molding was coming off the wall and the bathroom was so small you couldn't open the door all the way if the toilet seat lid was down. After the game we visited the hotel bar, we had 4 drinks and the bill was $48. We could have bought two bottles of whisky for cheaper!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jbean2890
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Jbean2890,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your stay.
Our location is very convenient for baseball fans. Sorry to hear about the bathroom area not being up to expectations, we've checked the room and made the corrective actions. Drink prices are competitive with other downtown hotels pricing. If you have another opportunity to stay in St. Louis please give me a call at 314-421-1776 and I can personally assist you with booking a reservation, and making your next stay more enjoyable!

Mike Hindes
Oshkosh, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is where the action is if your a St. Louis Cardinal fan! Just steps from everything! If the game is at night you are within walking distance of the Arch! This hotel breathes baseball. From the decor' to the view. The staff is great and very friendly!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for the very nice compliment! I love your saying, "This hotel breathes baseball." I will remember that comment; it is very well said. Also thank you very much for recognizing our friendly staff. It is our hardworking staff that makes a difference in ensuring that every guest has a pleasurable experience. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay while visiting St. Louis. It is across from the ballpark and our room looked onto the field. Everyone who works here is so nice we were treated like royalty. The 360 has a spectacular view and a good place for a drink. I just wish parking had not been so expensive.

Stayed August 2014
I was very happy to read your review about our lovely hotel. I am excited that you enjoyed our customer service. I am glad our team was able to make you feel like a royalty. We want every guest to feel valued because our guests are very important to us. Thank you again for taking time to write.