“Nice place to relax”

Ranked #3 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice place to relax”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I decided to stay over Four Seasons Hotel instead of going straight home from a long trip. It was supposed to be a rest for the both of us but it ended up in going all over the hotel's facilities and enjoying our stay. Though it was only a day stay, we were so impressed of the things we did back there. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms may be too pricey but take one of the suite. You'll love it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FSHSTL, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear AlexP406,
On behalf of all of us at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding your visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis in the near future.
Alper Oztok, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
stlouis,usa
Reviewed 16 January 2014

this is simply a fantastic venue....facilities,staff,restaraunts and location. treat yourself and stay ...for out of town visitors or a staycation. the views of teh arch and riverfront are unparalled. staff and service are a credit to the hotels professionalism.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear joeStlouis_usa,
Thank you for such wonderful review of our Hotel. We really appreciate the kind words about our staff. They are truly amazing! Our employees are so happy to be of service to our guest who ultimately become our friends and extended family.

Kind regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my wedding in July 2013 for 10 days, with my husband's family and some guests attending the wedding from out of town. We really enjoyed the pool and spa. This is definitely a business hotel, and not a typical four seasons hotel. The rooms are great and the location is excellent. The Spa is beautiful and the spa staff are very friendly. Would definitely recommend a massage. However, the service is terrible, especially at the front desk and at the Cielo Bar.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara C
Dear Sara C,
I am delighted to see from your comments that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
In a constant effort to please our guests, feedback is extremely helpful in motivating the staff towards meeting the Four Seasons standards. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you further some of the details of your visit. Please call me, at your convenience at 314-881-2001.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Chicago
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I want to compliment the staff at the Four Seasons St. Louis on their handling a major snow storm in style. They planned ahead and set staff up at the hotel the night before the storm so they would have all of their services available during a blizzard so bad the town of St. Louis was shut down. We took notice of the positive attitude shared by everyone throughout the very, very long hours worked by this skeleton crew, and how each one of them made our experience as stellar as you come to expect from the Four Seasons on the best of circumstances. The food and beverage manager was pouring waters, clearing tables, and seating people in order to help the one fantastic waiter do his best. Examples like this were found in the spa and front desk alike. Thank you and we will see you again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank letsgo1020
Dear letsgo1020,
Thank you for such an in great review of our Hotel. We really appreciate the kind words about our staff. They are truly amazing! Our employees are so happy to be of service to our guest who ultimately become our friends and extended family.
Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went to St Louis for a concert and chose the Four Seasons because we love the hotel chain and the price was amazing for a Four Seasons. The hotel met or exceeded our expectations at every turn.

We were especially impressed with the service in the dining room/bar. The evening we arrived we had a concert to attend, but wanted a bite to eat before we left. We asked our waitress how long it would take for individual pizzas and she said 10 minutes. That left us more than enough time so we all ordered a drink and a pizza, but after 30 minutes the food still hadn't arrived. We told our waitress we couldn't stay and asked for the check for our drinks. She apologized profusely, comped us, and said her manager wanted to apologize personally. We didn't have time to wait, but promised to be back after the concert. We did go back after the concert, met the manager who again apologized profusely, ordered the same drinks and food we had ordered earlier and proceeded to enjoy it all. Much to our surprise, we were comped a second time. In my opinion, this went above and beyond making up for the earlier mistake.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa D
Cory C, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear thebestbeach,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am happy that we were able to make up for the initial lapse in service. We hope that you enjoyed your show, and can't wait to see you again in Cielo.

All The Best,
Cory Cuff
Cielo Restaurant & Bar Manager
Oak Grove, Missouri
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary, Hotel & staff were beyond great, from the valet to the baggage claim. The rooms were beautiful and roomy bathroom is amazing!The food was a little pricy could work on that. The casino was nice just very busy. Overall our stay was GREAT!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear mickandmike,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind Regards,
Poochini
Reviewed 27 December 2013

For you to understand how wonderfully pleased I am with this hotel, you need to know the backstory.

The last two times I was in St Louis, the Four Seasons had not yet been built, and I was put up at the Ritz-Carlton, the best in town at the time. My company had paid a full room rate for two nights, including the night before my arrival so I could get an early check-in at 9 a.m. But when I got there, I learned that the Ritz-Carlton had filled my paid room and now nothing was available. I was also told I could not check in until 2 pm at the earliest. They were completely unsympathetic to my plight--that I needed to be showered and dressed for an interview in an hour. They suggested I use the bathroom in the fitness center. A woman who took me to my appointments told me she knew of other clients who had had the same thing happen to them---no room on arrival even though the room was paid for. Overbooking must be an accepted hotel procedure at the Ritz. The second time I stayed at the Ritz, there was a flood in the room above mine at 1 a.m. A guest had decided to create a "steam room," and turned on the faucet and fell asleep. I woke to water dripping on my forehead. When I reported the problem. I was not offered another room. Hotel was full. After a long wait, engineering came to check the damage, then housekeeping came and cleaned up the mess and changed the sheets. I got no sleep that night, and they still charged for the room. I swore, "Never again...."

When I learned I was going to be in St Louis again I told the travel staff, "I'll stay anywhere but the Ritz-Carlton." I was thrilled to learn there is now a Four Seasons in St Louis. And this one is gorgeous. There is a glassed-in sculpture garden on the ground floor. Seeing that, you can already feel your tension ebbing away. The room was what you expect of a Four Seasons hotel-- spacious, understated, luxurious, calming, and thoughtful. I love a room with outlets right next to the bed. I appreciate the L'Occitane amenities. Our room had a huge window and unobstructed view of the river and the Arch.

A lovely, lovely touch: The pastry chef surprised me by making a chocolate sculpture depicting a book I had just published. It was a lovely scene with valley, mountains and trees. A work of art. And surrounding the scene were truffles. It was so heartwarming I posted a photo on Facebook and it received over 1000 likes in one day. I've stayed in Four Seasons hotels around the world--from NYC, Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Denver, Houston, Austin and Miami to Shanghai, Paris, Doha, Germany, and more. This one ranks as one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a few of the river and the Arch.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Poochini
Dear Poochini,
On behalf of all of us at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding your visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we managed to achieve an unexpected surprise with your welcome amenity!
You can be sure that your refreshing words of praise will be passed along to our entire staff. In a constant effort to please our guests, it is terrific to receive such positive feedback regarding specific staff members.
Alper Oztok